PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
2v2JVJWHFx3L6Bn.jpg
I've been fighting off a multi-pronged effort by various viruses and bacteria to keep me from smoking a pipe over this last month. But of course, the absence of the real thing just made me buy more, to live vicariously. I promised that I wasn't going to open any of the boxes until my head and lungs cleared up, so here it is. Acquired from online merchants Country Squire, CigarStandard, Iwan Riess and PM member Phill22.
Thank you all!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Out of that grouping, And So To Bed and Doblone d'Oro are my favorites. Great haul!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Duane, the two that I’ve never tried are the Rattray’s (never had any Rattrays, believe it or not) and the Wessex. According to the label, Wessex Gold Slice is now made in the US by Mac Baren. That would suggest that it is being made by Sutliff.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
never had any Rattrays, believe it or not
Didn't you smoke Exotic Orange? Rattray's blends are quite exceptional. Marlin and Stirling Flake being my favorite non aros of the bunch, and Red Rapparee being one of my favorite all around Latakia blends due to its heavy oriental content.
According to the label, Wessex Gold Slice is now made in the US by Mac Baren. That would suggest that it is being made by Sutliff.
Likely so, but the way they've handled Mac Baren, St. Bruno, Amphora, and Russ's blends, that's certainly not a bad thing.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
You will have to let us know what you think of the Brunello Flake. The Doblone d'Oro is one of my regular smokes. That is interesting to know about the Wessex, I did not know Mac Baren was making them now.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Didn't you smoke Exotic Orange
Right you are. Wrong I be!

You will have to let us know what you think of the Brunello Flake
I tried it once and really liked it, but that was at a Morley’s Pipe Club after several Dogfish Head 60 Minute beers. Didn’t make any tasting notes.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Strong work Woodsroad! All wonderful blends. The Dablone d'Oro is a personal favorite and cellared very deep in my collection.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I love seeing tobacco pictures like this! I think we all feel the same seeing those opened boxes with the loot laid out on the table.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The Dobline D’Oro has several years on it already. I really enjoy this blend and so It’s nice to know that I’ll have aged enjoyment for years to come.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
@woodsroad

I just got my 1st tin of red rapparee in the mail myself. Curious to know what you think.

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
What a haul... Very nice selection you got there. I Hope that, maybe, someday I can get a haul like that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.