PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
images.jpg

Well, just ordered my requisite six pounds of Star of the East from my favorite retailer smokin' pipes dot com. Anyone else order by multiple pound lots? The way I smoke, I can't afford tins. LOL.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I generally order in bulk these days to add to my cellar. Exceptions being something new to try, or something I don't see myself smoking a lot of. I spent a couple hours today jarring up some orders I had been putting aside the last month or two. I ran out of jars, and found I had accumulated far more than I thought of a few flakes. I think I have a TAD ordering problem...............I'm out of jars. :rofl:
:puffpipe:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I buy as much as a tobacconist will sell me in most cases when buying bulks, if someone is willing to sell to me in 5 pound lots I will take it. I stock the following bulks:
SG Best Brown Flake

SG St James Flake

SG FVF

Stonehaven

Wessex Gold Brick
The rest of my favorites are all tinned but I do have to jar Solani Silver Flake.

I think you are smart for buying 6 pounds at a time now because as you know prices will never be cheaper.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pounds of everything you like and jar it right, you'll be thanking yourself the rest of your life. Make sure you label it and keep some type of list. Even if it's as simple as pen and paper, or even an email you keep forwarding yourself and updating. There's plenty written on how to store different types of tobacco, so take the time to identify the leaf (tobaccoreviews.com) and store accordingly. Pounds, pounds and pounds, you’ll never run out and a good investment.
Craig

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Selling bulk tobacco 10 years from now for a profit will be made easier if you have a reputation in the pipe community. When I sold off my cigar collection it was a feeding frenzy because I was known throughout the on line cigar community as someone who had cigars that were kept at optimum conditions and were bought from the best sources. People knew who I was and that I knew my cigars. I sold 1550 cigars in about 6 hours because of my rep and I could have easily sold triple that if I had that amount. If you are buying tobacco now to sell for a profit in ten years it would behoove you to continue to be active and to maintain an excellent reputation for being honest and upfront with people. Guys who come on line ten years from now with no rep will find it very difficult to sell bulk and even tins with hand written dates on them. Why should anyone trust someone who is not known and is asking 100,00 for a tin of Escudo?

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
$100,000 for a tin of Escudo will make me a very rich man. If I live long enough to collect. LOL. But seriously, you're right of course Harris. Prices will only rise. A wise man stocks for a rainy day.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I just recently bought my first big order of tobacco. I am planning my second now. I am buying bulk and by the pounds. Thanks to the Savvy folks here for recommending it.

Status
Not open for further replies.