PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Ok,
I found a gentleman who is clearing out some of his cellar. He had a bulk bunch he wanted to get rid of and as I have not tried many blends I thought this would be a good way to try a few. Hopefully there aren't any stinkers in here but again as I haven't tried them who knows lol. I'm greatly looking forward to upcoming mail.
2oz Sutliff Reserve Molto Dolce

3oz McClelland Dominican Glory Maduro

2oz C&D Habana Daydream

1.5oz Sam Gawith Kendall Cream Flake

1.5oz Sam Gawith Grousemoore

1oz Sam Gawith Firedance Flake

1oz Gawith Hoggarth Bosun Plug

1oz Gawith Hoggarth Dark Aromatic Flake

1oz Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Plug

1oz Stokkebye Bullseye Flake

1oz Esoterica Stonehaven

16oz Esoterica Penzance Sealed Bags

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Molto dolce is good, SWEET, but good...all those gawiths are good..and Bullseye flake is awesome. Can't speek for the rest.

You did well..

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
If the price is reasonable you shouldn’t hesitate to buy everything listed. There may be some blends in the mix that you won’t enjoyed based on your personal tastes, but I’m sure you will be able to find someone here willing to make a trade with you if that happens.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
The Penzance and Stonehaven are nearly impossible to find, with a cult following them every step of the way.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Good picks. Many of them will need a lot of dry time such as Molto Dolche(one day at least)Kendle Kake(a few hours) but all are tasty blends.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
It all came in at close to $100.00. It seemed like a great opportunity to try a few blends that I know I have read about here and have not had the chance to get in the wild yet. Thank you all for your opinions and thoughts. As always they are greatly appreciated.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Nice score. Molto is a good quality aro but, like Toker wrote, it takes a bit of dry time. You cannot go wrong with Penzance, at least in my opinion.
And I'm going to steal Baron's thunder and mention Black House for your next TAD. I love it. It's a very nice Balkan blend that never ceases to please, especially with a nice cup of coffee.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Man, I wish you had consulted me first... Those are all awful blends. I'd feel horrible if you smoked any of them. Send them to me and I'll make sure they're properly disposed of... :rofl:
Those plugs, most likely, will be potent Nic-bombs. The Dominican Glory Maduro and Hanbana Daydreams will have a cigar taste to them. The SG flakes will be grreat nce you dry them.. I find the SG flakes to smoke a little better when rubbed out. Molto Dolce is very damp when first opened, so spread it out on a paper towel overnight. If you end up not liking the Penzance (or any of them) you'll be able to trade them away here.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.