PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011

Well, I want to open a Virginia, and an English, and put the rest away for a while. The baggies are filled with, if its too small to read, PS Luxury Navy Flake, and MacBaren Navy Flake. I'm thinking I'll open the Marlin Flake and the Anniversary. Does anybody know how much the Latakia comes through in the latter?

Jul 15, 2011
I cant quite see what that Fribourg and Treyer blend is, but its bound to be a damn high quality VA flake, and that one gets my vote. As far as the anniversary blend, knowing what I know about McClelland Latakia blends, it is probably going to be pretty subdued and not very pronounced, but it IS bound to be very well blended and quite tasty. In a Latakia smoke, I think I would pop the tin of 965 over the McClelland Anniversary. In any case, let us know what you decide and happy smoking!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If that is Cut Virginia Plug from F&T I would go for that one first, it has been a favorite of mine for a dozen years, very high quality tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd go for the G.L. Pease first since I've smoked and enjoyed

some of the others. 965 is always good, but familiar.

And you have a nice can of Half and Half, in case you get

snowed in.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I've got a tin of the anniversary I haven't tried yet, the latkia is supposed to be very, very stubtle. I bought a tin of it just going on reviews. It sounds like the people that were expecting a really full kind of english blend were dissapointed but the people who know better and were expecting a Va blend loved it. I'm a Va guy so I look forward to trying it. Marlin flake gets huge reviews so I'd give that a go. I'd open the MM965 for the english, I define it as a true proper english blend, like as english as an english blend gets. So don't open the anniversary and expect an english blend really.

Status
Not open for further replies.