PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
Hello again, I haven't posted anything for a few weeks because I was waiting for my tobacco to arrive. Although I live in Latvia I still decided to order some tobacco from USA. I chose smokingpipes.com and here are the tins I recieved:

51d4db1d-ae89-48d4-bc78-0d122c05290d_zps8b0ea416.jpg

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe

Heart & Home Larry's blend

Fribourg & Treyer Vintage

Stanwell Melange

They said the shipping may take up to three months, but surprisingly I recieved it in 12 days.

Waiting for your comments on the tobaccos I chose :)

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
I just tried the H&H Larry's blend, oh gosh, I love that buttery taste and now I truly see what a full-bodied tobacco is like. But what I'm not satisfied with is the cut. Some tobacco leaves are cut unreasonably fine, but some are left overly large. Still a tin I'll stick to.

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
I smoke just once in two days so I haven't tried them out yet except the Larry's blend which I smoked for the second time today and it was wonderful. Going to open Melange soon. And thanks!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats on your TAD purchases. What are your typical choices in Latvia if you don't mind my asking?

blacksmith

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
There's a wonderful store Albert Pipes in our capital city which offers a wide variety of German, Danish and English blends, but I've tried some of W.O Larsen and German blend Baltic Amber, but you won't know about it. You can get more or less everything you wish, the prices are also lower than in UK for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.