TAD and RAD at Low Country Pipes this weekend!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
This past weekend I was down in Myrtle Beach with the family and while I was there I figured I'd check out Low Country Pipes and Cigars for the first time (the smokingpipes.com B&M). First, let me say what a great store this was. The staff was knowledgeable and extremely friendly and helpful. They had a lot of pipes and tobacco in their storefront, but also let me know if there was anything I wanted from their website they'd be happy to go back and bring it out for me. This was great to hear since there were a few tobaccos I wanted that weren't out front. They told me they only keep tins of their top 10 sellers in the storefront.
To my surprise (and excitement) I just happened to show up while the Castello live event was happening. I had no idea it was going on and I just lucked out on the timing. Marco Parascenzo from Castello was there and there was a huge table spread of gorgeous Castello pipes laid out. As well as a bunch of complementary deli wraps, beer, and wine for customers! I was really surprised at how well the event was going. Unfortunately I couldn't stay very long as I had to get back to my family...but I was very envious of the 5-6 other guys who were hanging out smoking in the lounge and enjoying the Stella Artois and wine. My dad (who isn't a pipe smoker but who I brought with me since he seemed interested in checking out the shop anyway) was offered a glass of wine and accepted it happily. Great job on the event!
While I was there I happened to notice a Two Cousins pipe rack that was marked down $50! I've been drooling over the Two Cousins racks for a while, but couldn't really justify the price despite how awesome they look. However at almost 33% off, I couldn't pass it up! Apparently it was a return that had taken some damage to one corner which is why it was so heavily discounted. Here's a picture of my new 6 pipe rack with my meager collection of pipes on it:

piperack_zpsea193772.jpg

For those that are interested, they are (from left to right) Savinelli Duca Carlo KS Billiard, Peterson Donegal Rocky Billiard, Conway Bulldog, Carolina Briar (Tinderbox) Bent Billiard, Peterson 303 System Standard
The main reason I was at Low Country Pipe and Cigars was to pick up some more tobacco (and to window shop pipes as Father's Day is coming up). I picked up a couple of 100g tins of Frog Morton Cellar since everyone has been raving about it...and I will say it IS good. I also got a tin of Escudo as I've been wanting to try a VA/Per and have heard it's one of the standards. Finally I wandered over to the 20% off chest (with tins damaged in shipping for sale) and picked out a couple of other tins I've been wanting to try. Frog Morton On the Bayou and Dunhill Flake.

TAD_zpsf656c29c.jpg

All in all not a bad TAD/RAD. I can't speak highly enough of Low Country Pipes and Cigars/smokingpipes.com. Great group of people, great shop, great event, and a great experience overall. I'm going back to Myrtle Beach in 3 weeks and I'll definitely swing by again!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Man broth - sounds like an awesome time and it appears that you got some good values as well.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Hey, nice rack! That's a great deal on that piece. Handsome and looks well made, too. Thanks for sharing the pics and pipe descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.