PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
So I've been wanting to get some new briar here for a few months. Well with the Stanwell sale that P&C had going I was really looking forward to adding a Pot or Straight Billiard. Then I see that they are running a sale on Escudo, my heart be still, I'm down to two tins so I went a little crazy with the Escudo, **cough** 6 tins **cough**. Then I see C&D Star of the East, had a guy at our last pipe club meeting smoking it and the room note was really something else. So I got me some of that.. But my PAD itch got scratched. I got this one coming.

pm-psvmi-128-s.png

Its a Savinelli straight billiard in their "Honey" line. Really excited about that thing. Now I just have to figure out what to breaking it in with.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
I have been a fancier of that pipe for over a year now and keep meaning to pick one up. I keep forgetting. I love the stem on that honey series.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I have been a fancier of that pipe for over a year now and keep meaning to pick one up. I keep forgetting. I love the stem on that honey series.
I missed out on the "Coffee" and "Chocolate" ones and figured I'd better jump on this one. Although I will have to get me a 2014 Pipe Of the Year before to long.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh boy, you're livin' high on the pipe rack. My wife gave me a Sav bent Rhody 673 KS for Christmas. Like

your Honey Line, it's a striking pipe, but dark with stained briar bands.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Very nice Sav. They're great pipes. As fior telling your wife, what happens here stays here. Enjoy your new purchases
Yea that what she says about Belk's and Macy's too.
Oh boy, you're livin' high on the pipe rack. My wife gave me a Sav bent Rhody 673 KS for Christmas. Like

your Honey Line, it's a striking pipe, but dark with stained briar bands.
I have a couple of Savenilli one is a Porta Cervo 320 that is my favorite pipe the other one is a Bings favorite with is an awesome smoke. I love my artisan pipes like My Bjorene free hand and my Davrine morta Blowfish. But the consistency of the Savenilli pipes is what I really love. I don't have to worry if I can run a pipe cleaner down it I know they will..

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I've forwarded a copy of this thread to your wife.... expect a phone call. Nice pipe though!

Nate you're just the other side of the State line from me, ** in my best Taken voice ** I will find you.. LOL

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Really like those, especially the honey dipper tamper that comes with them. About the wife, I won't tell her, if you don't tell mine about the 5 pounds of ODF, 8 tins of Black Frigate, and 1 pound of Plumcake I ordered over the weekend. :wink:

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Really like those, especially the honey dipper tamper that comes with them. About the wife, I won't tell her, if you don't tell mine about the 5 pounds of ODF, 8 tins of Black Frigate, and 1 pound of Plumcake I ordered over the weekend.

Deal!
Mine knows when I order bulk stuff cause she has to buy more Mason jars, lids and rings. There's no hiding that.. It's like I tell her some guys drink, some guys go to the shake-a-booty clubs. Me I jump on Tobacco and pipe sales..
P.S. Whoever beat me out of my birth year Dunhill on Ebay - You're funny looking and your momma didn't love you that's why she named you what she did.. LOL

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Well dang it.. The bug hit me again and now my shipment of one pipe has become 3 these two are estates.
So I got this Pot shaped one Gerod they are French I really like the size and the grain.

88E593FF-76FC-4029-954E-CEC4311321F6_zpslyzy7rnv.jpg

Then I got this Peterson this is my first Peterson. But again I've been really drawn to straight shapes of late.

37F7A2C6-30F8-4EF2-BE89-0DC061BD7CA0_zpsgkdtx3up.jpg

I Swear I'm done.. until Saturday, I'm going to my local shop to see an artisan churchwarden.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Its a Savinelli straight billiard in their "Honey" line. Really excited about that thing.
WOW! That is one sweet looking Sav - no pun intended. The estates aren't too shabby either. And by the look of the tins in the photos, you know a thing or two about good tobacco!
Oh yeah, the wife already knows, she's just letting you think you got away with it. Mark my words!

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Freakie, forget'a bout it! I lov'a data Savinelli!
Of course being Italian, I'm partial.

Status
Not open for further replies.