PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
Well, I am finally to the point where I can start ordering small (as compared to the norm) TAD purchases. I already have a decent supply of my normal blends, so I decided to try out a few new ones.
To start out, I bought 3 tins of BlackHouse. I love this balkan blend, and this will allow me to jar up some Black and Blue (Black House and Blue Mountain 50/50 mix). I think I will label it as Balkan Bruiser. (Get it? Bruise? Black and Blue?) HA
Also added a 250g bag of Skiff Mixture to be cellared in 50g jars. I fell in love with this blend long ago.
As for the new blends:

McClelland's 221-B series Black Shag

C&D Star of the East

Grand Oriental Yenidje Highlander

Luxury Bullseye Flake.
The smokingpipes order comes with a couple freebies thrown in. Mac Baren Modern Virginia (which I have tried before, and is ok), and Newminster No.400 Superior Navy Flake. Never tried the Newminster Navy either, so that will also be something to test out.
All in all, Not a bad addition, and I hope to find some blends that will make a permanent home for the cellar.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Congrats. Highlander is something I enjoy as a treat. It's not one of my normal go to blends. LBF I really enjoy but it tastes best a little older...less hay like and not as thin. Im curious to what your read is on the Highlander. It was something I enjoyed but never synced with.
I tend to need to be beat over the head with flavor....my rubber tongue isnt very good with subtle. Enjoy!

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I'll definitely be checking out that Highlander. Ive heard a few good things about it.
I also stopped by my FLTS and picked up 5 Esoterica blends that I had never tried. I'll be trying those out this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.