T-Shirts? Like a pocket? 100% cotton or Blend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbilliard

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
What qualities do you like in your T-Shirts?
Pocket or not, 100% Cotton or Blend, Color?
Myself I like a 50/50 cotton/poly blend to keep shrinking to a minimum, short sleeve and mostly non-pocket. Most any color, but I like Gray.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Like 100% cotton. Any branded shirts must have printing on both from and back. Like pockets, but no problem either way. Like both long and short sleeve. Like grey/gray.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I prefer all cotton but sometimes buy blend for price. Just bought two black t's in blend with pockets. I'd prefer no pocket, but that's my "office". Need it for sunglasses, pen, lists, and so on. Mine were less than $4 each at Walmart.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
100% cotton, no pocket. The neck is really important to me. I want it flat with no sag. Stuff in a pocket pulls the neck down. I have some fancy moisture wicking shirts that I'll wear when I want to look sharp. But I like cotton for it's ease of maintenance. Wash it, dry it, fold it right and it'll look and feel just right.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Up till now I always bought 100% cotton. It was the only one that breathed, and I'd just order a size larger to allow for shrinkage.
However, several months ago I turned into a Duluth nut. These Armachillo shirts are the most comfortable and coolest shirt I have ever worn. And I live in south Texas where it is hot and humid. The material these are made of is super high tech. Super light weight. And any perspiration immediately evaporates, causing a cooling effect. I highly recommend these. Note, all the clothes there run roomy, so no need to order bigger, if that's your SOP. I usually get 2XL in all shirts, but these were so big I had to send back for XL.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-short-sleeve-patterned-armachillo-shirt-52555.aspx?kw=undefined&processor=content

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
If a shirt does not have a pocket it is a continuing frustration to me. I am referring to Ts for outer wear. For dress no pockets.

But I do not dress up that much anymore. I buy black ts anymore, they don't show my pipe spills as badly. I buy the heavy weighted work brand at Wally World. I have never looked to see the material composition but I would imagine it to be mostly cotton. Long sleeve for winter, short for summer.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
I used to like no pocket blend with short sleeves back when I was buff and liked to show it off. Now I am an old man with no muscle tone, I just buy the cheapest thing I can find.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
100% sturdy cotton, never a pocket, never a V neck, usually short sleeve but sometimes long sleeve when he weather dictates. Camo accents are always a plus! :puffy:

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I like Fruit of the Loom Men's 4pk 100% Cotton Pocket T-Shirt in gray or black.
I will not wear any shirt where the maker puts his brand in a visible position. They're going to pay me if they want me to be a walking billboard. If you want me to advertise your bar, give me the shirt for free and I might wear it - if I like your bar.
And why would I pay money for a ball cap promoting someone's product or business?
Grumpy Pax

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
We have lived too long, Brass! :D

You remember back in the day when just about everybody with a product, gave away free T's with there advertising or logo on them.

I wonder if tobacco or pipe companies ever did that. I do not remember seeing any.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I don't get why some people buy those 4 packs of shirts and actually wear them outside. I only buy them to sleep in during the fall and winter. They're not very comfortable or flattering.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Hmm, I find them perfectly comfortable, and on me, anything looks flattering. :wink:
BTW, OkieScout, I don't remember cigarette or cigar advertisements but I vaguely recall seeing some Red Man chewing tobacco baseball caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.