PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I am curious about the 4 ropes Synjeco sells under their own label which are actually made by GH just for Synjeco. Two are Twp are Virginia ropes (Oxenfist and Glengir) and two are Va-Per (Holker and Grenodd). I am wondering how they compare to the GH ropes, are they different or just a replica of the GH ropes?. Looking at the grades Synjeco gives they look less strong than the GH ropes so I assume they are different and not replica of the GH ropes, but I would like to hear from someone who actually smoked them and the GH ropes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
They are not replicas of G&H ropes, even though G&H made them for Synjeco. I reviewed the four you mention at TR if you want to check them out.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've smoked the two Va rupees you mentioned and found them quite good. The is a bit of Lakeland in the background but I didn't find it unpleasant.

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
I have smoked all 4 of these recently. They are much lower in strength compared to other GH ropes. The two twists are unique in form. Greenodd is the stand out for me. I’d say it’s fantastic. They are inconsistent in color. I’ll revisit the twists and the Clegir in time. I highly recommend all of them. I also have to recommend the Bad Nun I & II. They’re quickly becoming my favorite Virginia and vapers. I didn’t detect any Lakeland flavors in mine. I’d say if it’s there it will be sporadic depending on if they process these right after one of their Lakeland blends.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I didn't find the Lakeland in the two Bad Nun products overwhelming, but it's strong enough that I couldn't miss it. I agree with Artvandelay (Hi Art! Long time, no see.) that the essence may come from the machines or it's in the air in the factory. I say this because I have known several people who have tried them, and opinions differ as to whether or not there is Lakeland in the blends, and how much to those who do notice it.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I found it overwhelming because in general, I find the Lakeland essence nauseating. LOL With Bad Nun, I found it very prevalent. It's there with the Clegir Twist/Rope but far in the background so it didn't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.