Sykes Wilford Blog on Smoking Pipes.

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Cranse Iron
  • Latest reply from alexnorth
  1. cranseiron

Cranse Iron

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here's an interesting blog from Sykes Wilford (Smoking Pipes) that is rather upbeat about our hobby and it's recent growth-- hope the link works.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/2016-year-review

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah I read that blog earlier and it was nice to read a "glass is half full" type of article for a change. I try to be optimistic, but it's not always possible, so reading this helped.

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. jacks6

jacks6

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What a refreshing change of pace!

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. jerwynn

jerwynn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+1 with jacks6! I really enjoyed and appreciated the spirit of Sykes blog! VERY NICE for a change! Cheers to Sykes! Happy New Year!!

“Deep peace of the running wave to you.
 Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
 Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
 Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace of the infinite peace to you." - Fiona Macleod
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. krizzose

krizzose

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great article. I liked the reference of Sunday Picnic. I chose a tin of the same as one of my replacement tins for the C&D Carolina Red Flake. I was very happy to score a few tins of CRF when it came out, and I was very disappointed when it was recalled. But hey, because of that disappointment I'm taking a chance on a new blend I might never have tried before and I'm looking forward to popping the tin after it gets a little age. One door closed, and another opened on all that variety he mentions on the article.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree with everything except that Amber spigot thing. Sorry but that wasn't even 25% of the amount needed for an amber stem. Too small, looked out of balance compared to the silverwork and stummel; not happy with the prices they charged.

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. alexnorth

alexnorth

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A nice pick-me-up and great way to end 2016. Happy new year to you all!

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   spartan99, bayareabriar, smudgersmissingleg, frankrem, pitchfork, rodo, ashdigger, cshubhra, oldgeezersmoker, 3rdguy, marc75