PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
As I mentioned early on when I joined this forum, I came back to pipe smoking after 25 years or so. I used to smoke Captain Black and a Cherry blend. Since coming back to pipes I've dismissed the OTC blends, except CH and have moved toward Frog Mortan, McClelland 5100 Red Cake, Rattrays Barpipers Dream, and MacBaren Navy Flake. But recently I purchased a pouch of SWR aromatic, and a cob pipe for a homeless man at a shelter who used to smoke a pipe. I shared a pipeful with him and was literally shocked at what I tasted. IT WAS GOOD STUFF! And I'm buying some SWR for me.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
SWR aro is a ribbon cut. Packs easily

And it's not fussy at all. I always have a

Large can open. Best aro ever? To my

Taste, yes. I never grow tired of it. I eventually

Do of other aro blends .

Mike S.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
You gotta try it. For years, it was the only OTC I smoked. If I didn't have so many open tins and baggies, I'd open a tub. I have 5 tubs in the cellar.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
Glad you found a new blend you like.

Even better you brought something good to another human, someone who probably won't be able to get

on line to share that news with all his friends and thank you for your kindness!

I will celebrate for him and say "thanks a lot!"

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
A friend recommended it to me so I bought a bit of bulk from 4noggins. As soon as I tried it I ordered a tub.
I will, when our dollar starts decently going uphill again.
I take it you're in Canada too, junkyarddawg? I got the tub right before our dollar tanked, I'll be glad to mail some off to you.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
How long would a tin of SWR last from a freshness standpoint? I don't smoke that often, and I rotate different blends.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It'll hold its moisture, not that there's much of it, for a while, but if you don't smoke often, you're better off jarring half of it when you open the tub. I always recommend a tub over a pouch, because often, the tobacco is rather dry in the pouch.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I liked SWR. Wasn't crazy about SWRA. But i kept reading rave reviews of it.
Then I bought a pouch of each and mixed them together 50/50. And I found.........OTC Nirvana.

Status
Not open for further replies.