PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2015
Does anyone here have two (or more?) pipes on the go the same time. Yesterday morning I lit up two different pipes. Smoked about 1/4 bowl, then switched to the other, then switched back again on and off until lunchtime. Does anyone else do this, or is there a risk that one might be missing out on something by switching in this way?

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I often do this. I load one pipe with an aromatic and the other with a more natural blend. When one goes out, I light the other. I find it helps me detect the nuiances of each blend. That, and I have trouble deciding which blend to load into a pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've done that. I'll pack a pipe, smoke it part way, then put it in a safe place and eventually pack a second pipe, discover the first one, and switch off. It does provide a useful comparison of blends. I don't do it intentionally, probably because it offends my instinct for thrift, but it's not a bad idea.

bigjoe

Might Stick Around
Aug 14, 2014
As I get older I find myself often standing in front of the closet asking myself, "what was I looking for?"
Never give up and walk away... that's how you end up out in public with no pants on! :lol:

Ha ha!! I have missed meetings because I kept going to the closet to get a coat, forgetting what I went there for and went and set back down, over and over. I just want my kids to put a GPS tracking chip in me, so that when the time comes I can just enjoy not knowing where I am without freaking out my family. :wink:

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I do it when its hot out. That way i dont have to change my normal cadence in cooler weather.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I can't see any harm in what the OP is suggesting other than to taint the palette with a more full bodied bowlful vs. a milder blend. My preference when it comes to packing a bowl and firing it up is to thoroughly enjoy that particular selection of pipe and tobacco. I do my best to reserve my pipe smoking to those times that allow me to really focus on just that. A book or a magazine or perhaps just browsing this forum on the phone while I kick back with a beverage, hot or cold and savor that time. That's just me though, whatever works for anyone else is good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.