PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I'm smoking a bowl of Classic Samsun after nothing but straight Virgnias for a week. I've always loved CS, but the Turkish is really popping. I think I'll have a VaPer bowl later to see if I can home in on the perique. Very cool having this heightened experience

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Agreed on he Three Friars. I've also been enjoying Poplar Camp recently, although not a true VaPer due to the addition of black cav, still a good smoke.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I say this a lot on this forum but what gets me to hone in on certain nuances of blends is smoking different genres back to back, for instance I will smoke an English blend just before I smoke a VaPer. Someone should give this a try with Escudo! I'm telling you, I have never tasted such beautiful nuances in that blend until I've tried this method. It really brings out the best in blends.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I disagree with smoking back to back. I believe that to truly pick up on the nuances you should take a break in smoking for several days to a week to let your mouth and tongue heal. Smoking destroys your taste buds and thin membranes in the mouth. You need to rest and heal those to truly get all the flavors. That's why chefs that smoke usually season their food heavily as they can not pick up the subtleties of taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.