PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
I ordered some Frog Morton, Frog Morton on the Town and some Dunhill MM965 to try. I've got a couple of pipes which I have been using with aromatic blends (primarily MacBaren 7 Seas Regular and some Peterson Holiday blend), and should I un-ghost these pipes before trying what I bought? And can I smoke all three of these English in the same pipe or dedicate a pipe for each?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I would say, go right on with the English blends, and use the pipes interchangeably. Only a few blends really leave

a persistent ghost, not any of the ones you mention I don't think. You might get a little residual from the flavorings

for a few bowls (which might be interesting in itself) but it won't last. Some people are intensely sensitive to ghosting

and want to designate pipes for every blend and so forth. If you are like that, then you have to make your own rules

and abide by them. For most of us, it's not a problem.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
mso489, has some advice there. The Frog's tend to be somewhat aromatic anyway so that won't be a problem. MM 965 is a classic latakia blend but also doubt your aros will affect it after a few bowls.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Run a few bowls of Carter Hall or Prince Albert thru them and should be fine...

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
As the previous guys said, run whatever through your pipe and any aro remnants should be gone in a few bowls. I guarantee that 3-5 bowls of the 965 will take care of any ghosting, not that I think your pipes are at all ghosted.
As mso states the first few bowls may be fun as the two different baccy's meld into something interesting. Of course, it could also be nasty but in any event it should be done to change the flavor pattern to English blends

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
I have a pipe that I had dedicated to Dunhill EMP - am I ok to use it with the MM965 since they are both Lats?

larryosburn

Lurker
Jan 15, 2015
I have several savenelli pipes that I have only smoked aromatics through for years,I am assuming that it wont ruin the flavor of my aromatic pipe tobacco if I smoke a bowl of English through them from time to time.Larry

larryosburn

Lurker
Jan 15, 2015
I live in Riverside Ca,I would love to know where I can go to meet other pipesters and don't have to drive a long way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.