PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
Ok i am looking for tips on The sweetest dunhill blend with latakia in it.

Never had any of them and looking to try more blends that are avalible more in the european market.

Love blends lika Frog morton, Plum pudding If that helps.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Rattray's Black Mallory and Iwan Ries Gourmet English are the most naturally sweet Latakia blends that I've ever smoked. I don't think any of the current production Dunhill Latakia laden blends smoke "sweet." However, if you manage to find a tin of their old My Mixture 620, that might be a good choice. It's a bugger to find though because when Dunhill London shut down their small batch blending house in 2005, that was the end of being able to call Marc Burrows or one of his assistants to have a batch whipped up. #620 was a naturally sweet Red Virginia that also had Latakia, a dash of the secret casing used in Royal Yacht and also a bit of rum. I loved that stuff!

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I'll second Black Mallory. Definately sweet. That was a surprise B&M find for me several years ago. I seem to remember MacBarens Plum Cake as being sweet with a bit of lat smokiness also, but it was a bit bitey for me.

There are several others from McClelland, but not sure about the European market. Good luck with the search!

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
The plum cake is lovely when its not bitey, i used to dry it out a lot i think, and cut it in with something else for the flavour and less bite.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
paulie', +1, I don't find Dunhill blends sweet. That's one of the things I like about them.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
From all the Latakia blends that i have tried, i would say that Peterson Old Dublin is the sweetest blend. I am primarily a VAPER smoker, so i don't know if my input is much help.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
The only Dunhill blend that strikes me as sweet is Dunhill Ready Rubbed... maybe get that and some "blending latakia" and sprinkle some in "season to taste". Just thinking out loud here.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I think Aperitif may have a bit of sweetness to it from the cavendish but I wouldn't call it a sweet blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.