uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Got this sweet poker from farmerje, an eBay seller that tweeks MM cobs, love it
6d7f8263-8a5c-4f2c-a16a-cae8bcd5893f-600x442.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the somewhat more proportional MM/Dagner collaboration on a poker nose-warmer (sitter) that still has a most ample bowl, not quite a stack like this one, but a plentiful chamber, and an acrylic stem. It costs more than a standard MM cob, but the acrylic stem made it worth it to me.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
So, these are upgraded stems, right?

I bought a standard amber stem MM a couple week back, and it melted in the tenon area the first day I used it!

If these stems are an upgrade, I'll definitely buy one... thanks for the heads up.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I bought a standard amber stem MM a couple week back, and it melted in the tenon area the first day I used it!
GOOD LORD MAN! How hard were you puffing that thing to melt it???? 8O

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
LOL, not hard at all, thats why it weirded me out completely!
I did buy it from a "tobacco/newstand" type shop in a town I just moved to, and basically had to blow the dust off the thing, so no telling how long it sat there waiting to be bought.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I had one of their Cobbit pipes a couple of years ago. Seemed like you could stuff an entire tin in the thing.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Melted the bit on a cob yesterday. :) When I'm breaking in a new cob, I'll stop smoking near the bottom, put my mouth over the bowl, and gently blow till smoke stops coming out the mouthpiece. The goal being to burn the stem poking into the bowl.
I did a good job of it this time. Burnt the excess stem nicely but the bit melted a little and doesn't fit anymore. Good thing I have a few extra.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
I can somehow understand melting one of these amber colored stems. But doing the same with the black ones is already something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.