PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Been reading the tin descriptions of the new Sutliff Private Stock blends over at smokingpipes.com. Wow! Altadis must have hired a hell of a copywriter! Each one is like a little pipe story. Looks like they did some rewrites on many of the older blends as well. Fun! :puffy:

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
Bubba, I like them too. I also liked that they ditched the comparisons of their blends to other "lost" blends ie. "CD Blend is like Country Doctor, No. 5 is like My Mixture", etc. I like No. 5 for what it is, which is nothing like My Mixture. Bacchanalia is a tasty aromatic and it doesn't have a trowel full of casing dumped on it. :)

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
Their descriptions remind me of the J. Peterman catalog from Seinfeld. That said, I like those of their blends that I've tried so far. Plus I can't argue with my B&M's pricing on them ($2/tin!)

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've tried Maple Street and wasn't impressed, but No. 5 was really good. Yeah, it's nothing near 965. But on its own, without any comparison, it is a tasty blend.
-Jason

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
I was totally engrossed in the descriptions, and even with my sarcastic mind, decided to believe the rhetoric. I got "Country Estate" and it is now one of my go to tobaccos.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Your not alone bubba im smoking the No. 5 blend as i type this and plan on ordering several more of the english offerings they have on payday. They seem to be pretty good to me. I have had better and worse. I enjoy them though and the price is right for me to.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I liked maple street and navigator ?... My son took it and dumped it by the swing set... It was a all black smoke. I have 4 other blends I have to try!!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Best Friend is replication of Barking Dog which I find very good. I really miss some of the old burley blends. Altars does a very good job in keeping us happy. Kudos to them.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Gonna have to order some Best Friend. I remember Barking Dog as being quite tasty. But then again some days I think I remember the invention of dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.