Sutliff Tobacco Company - Molto Dolce (Sutliff Private Stock)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Brigham Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davem

Might Stick Around
Oct 21, 2018
South Carolina
Well this one may have to grow on me... from the descriptions I figured I'd love it being an aromatic guy for the most part.
It is quite wet... and crackled despite some drying time.
It smells very strong in the tin... to me it smells like a macaroon cookie and dark chocolate.
As far as taste... I get coconut. A lot of coconut. And a bit of tobacco.
I have 2 tins to go through, perhaps it will grow on me in that period of time. If not, I doubt I will buy this one again.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
One of only 2 tins I dumped in the fire after just a few bowls. The other was Pegasus.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I love Molto Dolce...smoking a bowl as I type this. I don't mind the crackling. My other favorite aromatic is Rattray's Exotic Passion.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
It's certainly not for everyone or something I'd smoke every day, but when I do smoke it (maybe 1 bowl every other month) it's absolutely delicious.
It's a sticky, goopy mess to pack in the bowl, it crackles all bowl long and has a room note that every single person I've ever met while smoking it raves about "it smells like a pastry bakery in here"
Feel free to send me any unwanted tins :)

ron123

Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Tried it last weekend...could've passed as shisha mislabeled as pipe tobacco. I didn't dry it out first, and it was wet as hell. Figured I'd try to power through a bowl. It left my fingers sticky, and I dumped it less than a 1/4 of the way through the bowl...so wet, I couldn't keep it lit...

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
It smells amazing, may be the best tin aroma I ever experienced. The taste is a bit more toned down but after smoking it for an hour I did feel a bit sick perhaps because of the heavy chemicals in the tobacco. I was never much for aromatics just doesnt do it for me.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I can see the appeal. Sweetest aro that's past through any of my pipes. Just too goopy for my liking. All the more for those who enjoy it. I'll stick with the Mac Baren Cube Silver for those sweetooth moments. All the sweetness sans goop.

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I like Molto Dolce.

I call it the Rice Krispies of pipe tobacco - the only tobacco I smoke that snaps, crackles, & pops as you burn a bowl!

The room note is marvelous & I enjoy how it tastes. Don’t have any problem with how it burns & haven’t experienced the goop others mention.

I also will add a small amount of it to sweeten a Virginia or burley blend that I’ve become bored with.

While apparently they’re not exactly the same, I can’t tell the difference between Molto Dolce & Sutliff Creme Brûlée, a bulk blend that’s more economical for an old cheapskate like me!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Never had it, so I shouldn't comment. I smoke mostly non-aromatics, but like some aromatics as a change of pace. However, I want the flavoring to complement and bring up the tobacco flavor, not upstage or mask it, which all descriptions of MD have suggested. It's like hot sauce on food. I don't want to test my resistance, I want it to liven the food flavors. But for folks who want a sort of food treat and sweet with their pipe, this probably best fills the need. There may be stronger aromatic flavorings in some aromatic blend, but I don't know what blend that would be.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I bought a tin for my cellar.. Havent tried it. but heard its gloopy.. Wont comment more. :p

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I bought a tin a few years ago and after trying a few bowls decided it wasn't for me. Here's where it gets weird, I left the tin outside on my patio table. It went through two Las Vegas winters and two Las Vegas summers, so it had the full spectrum of temperatures and 3% to 100% humidity. I opened the lid and was shocked. The tobacco was still moist and that toasted vanilla smell was still there. I dried some overnight and smoked a bowl. Damn, it aged to be fantastic!! Long live propylene glycol.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I like it quite a bit. It's almost the perfect level of goopy although it could use just a touch more goopiness. I find at this level of goopiness you really have to use very slow steady puffs to avoid crackling but this helps bring forth some extra flavor.
The only reason I don't smoke it more often than I do is because there are so many other good blends out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.