PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I was going to post multiple threads but decided they were too similar which is why I'm keeping it in this one...
I haven't been in the best of moods lately because I'm turning 26 this week and I don't have a job. I have a slough of mental issues, the main ones being Schizophrenia and mild Autism. I can't use my words too great in person unless I know the person, and not many people want to hire someone like that. I've resorted to writing a book about my issues and experiences in life to vent, and maybe make some money. A few editors have read it, and said they had a hard time putting it down, so that gives me some hope. Right now, I'm still deciding if I want to follow through and send it off to agents.

I came home the other night and saw a package on the couch and could see the shape of a small tin protruding through, and I knew it was the Sutliff sample I ordered a couple of months ago. I opened it up and there was a 1.5 oz tin of Sunrise Smoke. I popped the cap, peeled the seal and loved the smell. It smelled like H&H Ambassador's Blend, but not as strong. On the other hand, not too subtle. I loaded up a bowl and loved it! My next TAD order will include an 8oz tin of this stuff, and possibly 8oz of this Black House I keep hearing about. I do know though, that I haven't met an English blend I dislike, while there are numerous aromatics I dislike.

If anyone has tried both Sunrise Smoke and Black House, please let me know how the two compare, because Sunrise Smoke is now my favorite tobacco, and I'd be surprised if there's another one just as good.

Thanks for reading

Jul 15, 2011
I've resorted to writing a book about my issues and experiences in life to vent, and maybe make some money. A few editors have read it, and said they had a hard time putting it down, so that gives me some hope. Right now, I'm still deciding if I want to follow through and send it off to agents.
Writing can be one of the most cathartic experiences around. I too have had some issues with my girlfriend being ill over the past few months, and I know how much life can get you down. It's a great thing to take something like writing and channel something negative into something creative and positive. Keep doing what you do and everything will work out in the end. As for this Sunrise Smoke, I have had some pretty good luck with Sutliff Blends, and I might have to give this one a shot. Their Top Shelf was a surprisingly good smoke, and I have a tin of their Maple Street which I hear really good things about. Anyway, keep on keeping on brother!

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Kinda odd/ironic you mention Black House being more fuller, because while I like every English I've come across, there does seem to be some sort of "void" in each of them. Maybe I'm just delerious, but each of them smells more fuller than it tastes. I can't wait to try Black House.
I had a lot of fun writing the book, but I'm afraid of sending it out and having it spat back in my face. I'm sure I'll probably get around to sending it, but I think it's just a matter of time.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
First, good luck with your book. I'm sure it could help many people dealing with similar issues themselves or in their families. Second, Black House is an outstanding blend. You may also want to consider their Magnum Opus, which I tend to like a bit more. A very elegant blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.