PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
It's just you, Harold. No one else here has ever commented on a Molto Dolce ad.
:)
Bob

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My wife's take on this.... she doesn't care where I get my appetite, as long as I eat at home! Also, she pays no attention to the woman, she like the dude in the ad! So I guess it's all ok here at home. :roll:

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
hea - i commented several weeks ago - received my order of molto dolce but she did not bring it -

beautiful long hair. healthy lungs , beautiful cleavage , nice waist line - whats not to like

sutliff blew it - SHE should be smoking the pipe not him.
i do smoke molto dolce like it - its a not so strongly flavored aromatic out of the tin aroma is sweet but smoke is not overpowering -

i like that sizzling as you initiate first light -
would it help me if i told her i like her & ! i smoke molto dolce ? maybe she hasnt a boyfriend or a hubby - yea - is the sky blue?
i enjoy my molto in my boswell rhodesians
hope you dads had a good fathers day

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
As I always told my wife several times years ago: 'I might on occasion look at the desert, but I always come home for dinner'. Other than that, you can have your Molto Dolce as I believe Molto Dolce is Italian for 'Play-Doh' soaked in oil.
As for the girl: just one of hundreds of very attractive young girls that are photo-shopped for advertising. Not knocking her looks, but whatever. :wink:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It's somewhat crass and neither of those two represent anything close to pipe smoking in my mind.
Also ... this:
I believe Molto Dolce is Italian for 'Play-Doh' soaked in oil

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
It's somewhat crass and neither of those two represent anything close to pipe smoking in my mind.
Something I learned along the way in nearly 55 years of pipe smoking: I never criticize the tobacco that another person is smoking. I have smoked mostly English tobaccos, including Balkan Sobranie for over 20 years, and I got used to people who wrinkled their noses at me and saying: "what is that crap you've got in your pipe?" If a fellow pipe smoker likes something, and wants to smoke it, that's good enough for me. I don't have to smoke it myself, and I should by no means be criticizing his taste,s whatever they may be.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I was at an Edward's B&M in Tampa yesterday, and was standing there holding a tin of Molto Dolce, and almost pulled the trigger on it. I hear lots of people raving about it being a great aromatic, but I couldn't do it.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
... and I should by no means be criticizing his taste's whatever they may be.
Agreed ... that's why I only criticized the add itself which I find tasteless and unnecessary.

It looks like they should be selling perfume or jewelry.
As for the tobacco, I don't believe it was suggested that anyone was wrong for

smoking it, only that I didn't like it.
Heck, I like a nice liver & onions dish now and then. Do you have any idea how many people have

told me that this is a disgusting thing?
Opinions are just that ... opinions.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Cobguy, this is a gentle and affectionate criticism. You said that those who smoked it weren't representing anything close to Pipesmoking. Of course, we have to define Pipesmoking. At its simplest level, a working definition might include placing tobacco in a pipe, igniting it, etc. We could refine that definition somewhat. But if you want to refine it to the point of excluding a particular tobacco, I would take exception to that. If you wanted to say that you can tolerate neither the taste nor the aroma of a particular tobacco, that would be your right. If you said that smoking a particular tobacco, or even being in close proximity to someone who smokes it makes you ill, so be it. You are the sole judge of what you enjoy..or dislike and you have every right to your feelings in that regard. What I took exception to was your statement in which you said that those who smoked the tobacco in question were not representing Pipesmoking. If they were not representing it, then what were they doing? Misrepresenting it? Or underrepresenting it? See what I mean? Had you said that you didn't care for the tobacco, that would be your right, one that the rest of us are bound to respect. But you made a statement about those who smoked it, and I found that troubling, not least because I recently tried it, and though aromatics have not been high on my list of preferred tobaccos, I tried this blend and found it quite pleasing. Now it isn't what I regularly smoke, but I find it a nice change of pace from my straight Virginias, my tobacco of choice these days. I would hate to think, however, that I and others who smoke MD were somehow not representing Pipesmoking, let alone anything close to it.
Flame away.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
LOL ... no flaming from me my friend.
It's just a small misunderstanding:
you said that those who smoked the tobacco in question were not representing Pipesmoking.
I said the add itself does not represent those things, not the people that like it and smoke it.
Original post:
... "neither of those two" being the couple in the add, not actual pipers that like it.
It was probably just that I did not properly define this originally ... I meant no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.