PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
From last week:

I did a little trade recently with chasingembers for some tobacco. A couple tins for tins trade. Thought I would surprise him with a little treat. 8 years old Malteze Falcon. Well turns out he had the same idea. But let me tell you, I was outdone by a long shot. His Stowaways that's what he called them were.
A tin of Yenidje Highlander an a tin of Balkan Sobranie, Plus a generous sample of 3 Esterica Blends. This mans kindness over whelmed me so much I had to put it into writing. Thank You chasingembers"Duane" for everything. James/scrooge P.S. I promise to repay your kindness!
Though no repayment was necessary, I added the extra tobacco just because I really enjoy surprising people with little "happy moments" :mrgreen: , scrooge blew me away today when I brought in my mail. Among junk, ads, and bills, I found a nicely sized package with a return address that I quickly recognized. Upon opening the box, I found a pint sized jar of Mac Baren's Cube Gold that smells amazing, a tin of Ayelsbury Luxury Flake which I love, another tin of that heavenly 8 year old Maltese Falcon, and what appears to be an 11 year old tin of Charing Cross!.... 8O ....Wow! Had a not terribly pleasant holiday weekend, and this kind gentleman's words really brightened my day, and this package was simply amazing. Generosity runs rampant in our community, and this was one very shining example! Thank you so very much, James. Your kindness is truly awe inspiring.
Duane/chasingembers

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
That's amazing! I've had the privilege of going through one sale with Scrooge, and I could tell right away that he seemed like a great guy. Hearing this definitely affirms that even more!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Smoking some of the Ayelsbury in a Weaver tulip. Man this stuff is good! Almost afraid to crack the seal on the Charing Cross. Being as old as it is, I may wait a few more years, and only smoke it on special occasions.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Thank You Duane an you other members for the kind words. But this man has given so much to so many, I just wanted to give a little back to him. Happy Holidays to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.