PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
It was 3 weeks ago today that I had my shoulder replaced.I still have my arm in a sling.I have been told to only move my arm in the manner that they tell me to which is very limited.The therapy guy comes 3 times a week.He tells me that they will very slowly over time increase my range of motion.It's going to take some time though.I've been warned not to lift anything with that hand.I go to the doctor again in 3 weeks..The good news is that I've had very little pain compared to what I thought I would have..I'm told that overall I'm doing great Much better than expected.If you want to have some fun The next time you go to the bathroom try pulling your pants up with one hand..Thank all of you for caring about me.It's appreciated more than I can put into words.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
..I'm told that overall I'm doing great Much better than expected
4c9baBncE.jpeg

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
We appreciate your posts, Puffy, and can only show our concern for you in this indirect manner. It's good to hear you are progressing and the pain is tolerable. Now that you can pull up your pants with one hand who knows what you can do with the other once you fully recover!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
puffy:
It is indeed good to see you back on-line! During my recovery from surgery on my right shoulder I had both male and female physical therapists. For some reason I seemed to progress faster with the latter. Coincidence? I think not! :)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It's good to hear that you're making progress, puffy. Shoulders do take a lot of time but before you know it you'll be back to full range of motion. Just continue to follows the PT's advice.

Typing one handed has to be challenge though.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Glad you're back Puffy. As stated before make sure you follow your PT and do some extra when at home

momeerphil

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2009
Glad to hear that you are doing well! When a shoulder is replaced, do they actually replace the entire joint or resurface the bones?

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
The next time you go to the bathroom try pulling your pants up with one hand
How else would I do it?!?! Oh, wait, two hands probably WOULD be easier! You have opened my mind to a new world of possibilities!!
Good luck on the continuing recovery! :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The best part so far is the no pain. I don't know if you're on meds for that, or just had an especially

deft surgeon, but either way, no pain is the way to go. Pain saps energy and morale. There will

likely be some discomfort when you begin to have more motion, but it will be a healing sort of thing,

I think/hope. Thank you for the update and best healing for you.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Glad to see you back, Puffy, and glad to hear you're paying attention to your physical therapist. My mom broke her elbow years ago, and thought she knew better than some dang college kid how to do physical rehab. Oddly enough, she never did recover full range of motion... :roll:
Best of luck to you as you heal!

Status
Not open for further replies.