PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
I found this Kaywoodie Supergrain in an antique shop abused, beaten, and left for dead. The grain was not so Super anymore, but it had the original box. I felt compelled to rescue it. After all, it says its the worlds finest pipe right on the box. How can you pass that up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a7UQ9FWbs3A

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Nice find and beautiful rescue!
I also have a Kaywoodie "Hand Made" Supergrain in the original sock and box that I'm still working on. The bit is in terrible shape so I don't think it will every look as good as yours. If I don't end up destroying it I'll post pictures sometime.

My prime directive is, 'First, do no harm".

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks guys. It was a fun resto. Dunhill has nothing on a $20 Kaywoodie. It says the worlds finest pipes right on the box.

It must be true. :)

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
Man that looked like a "Superturd" when you got it. Does not look like the same pipe once finished. I just got a really nice flame grain bulldog. 4 hole stinger and was near perfect til the buffer tossed it and now its got a nick that just pisses me off.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I haven't smoked it yet. The stinger is still intact. It was preserved and incased by a pound of crud in the shank. The previous owner had apparently never heard of a reamer or pipe cleaner. Fortunately I have lots of free time at work, which is where I do a lot of resto work. Gotta do something to stay awake on night shift. :)

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
That's some fantastic work! It probably looks better than it did when first created.

Also, you look a hell of a lot like Daniel Day Lewis!

Status
Not open for further replies.