Tags:   

Super Value Pipe Tobacco

(19 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by 1daniel
  • Latest reply from smokey422
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

1daniel

Login to Send PM

Witch of the super value tobacco have a good taste???
    my sense of smell is all most gone.
    so I looking for the taste .
    smoked FireSide long ago it had a good taste.
    don't know witch one to try.
    Thank u all for your help and knowledge.

1daniel

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. thesmokindragon

thesmokindragon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I hear very good things about C&D Bulk-NightTrain from pipesandcigars.com
    and a pound goes for like $29. I really need to get me some of this: others have you
    smoked this yet? What say you?

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like Cherry and the Vanilla.

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

First welcome to the forum!! I have smoked the Super Value Black and Gold, it is ok. If you want a good aromatic at a fair price, I recommend 1Q, it is available at most retailers and B&M's.
    HAHA I beat Lawrence to the 1Q recommendation!!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. riptide

Charles

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

HAHA I beat Lawrence to the 1Q recommendation!!!

Charles D. Wilemon
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I haven't tried the supervalu stuff but I would recommend any of the MacB seven seas from smokingpipes.com. You can get a pound of those for 22.69 last I checked

By the eternal! There is a man whose form should be cast in deathless bronze and the statue placed in every college in the land. It is not book-learning young men need, nor instruction about this and that, but a stiffening of the vertebrae which will cause them to be loyal to a trust, to act promptly, concentrate their energies; do the thing - "carry a message to Garcia!" Elbert Hubbard "A Message to Garcia" 1899
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. tobakenist

tobakenist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum, we don't get super value tobacco in the UK.

Regards Ken,
    I am not young enough to know everything.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. ejames

ejames

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The last time I tried Super Value I ended up boiling it to make an insect repellant ! It was literally soaked with PG. Left it out for a week and it was still a wet sticky mess. The only thing I've found to be worse is Mixture 79.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. withnail

withnail

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

*slaps forehead" $29 a pound?? So that is £18.50 for just over 450 grams. The cheapest pipe tobacco I have found online works out at $127 a pound! So that extra $100 all goes to the UK government!! I know I tend to go on about this but can you blame me when there is SO much difference in price between our two countries??

Albert Einstein said "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  10. withnail

withnail

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry - welcome to the forum too! I was so shocked at those figures I forgot to say "Hi". Hope you enjoy reading through all the posts you'll find on here. There are lot's of great folk who can advise on anything to do with pipes and a whole lot more besides. I know I have learnt a fair few things since joining!

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. chopz

chopz

Login to Send PM

withnail i'm sure it balances out somehow. in our screwed up economy at the grocery store you spend as much on a pound of red bell peppers as you do a pound of ground beef, and almost as much for a pound of tomatoes or a loaf of bread.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. johnnyrebel

johnnyrebel

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum Daniel, any questions you may have you'll definately be able to find the answer to here. Great bunch of members here. To stay on the SuperValue topic, if youre attracted to the price of the SuperValue, maybe you should consider a pound of the sterling bargain blend. Usually a bit aromatic and made with quality leaf. Same price, better tobacco.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey Daniel, I saw in your other post that you said your sense of smell is about gone, so you have to rely on taste. Do you have some sinus issues, and have you checked with a doctor about what might be causing this? The reason I ask is the senses of taste and smell are closely linked, and if you can't smell much of anything, it's going to be hard to really taste anything but the strongest tobacco's, at least to be able to appreciate the nuances of most blends.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 2 years ago #
  14. jship079

jship079

Login to Send PM

Super Value to me is not worth the money I would get 1Q or RLP6 or something along those lines

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome, Daniel. Never smoked Super Value.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 2 years ago #
  16. bogie

bogie

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forums. I tried Supervalue when i first started and everything i tried bit my tongue. Now i was new so it may be i was puffing to hard.

‎"Thoughts become things!"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  17. iowamike

iowamike

Login to Send PM

I has tounge bite also, tried some brands the folks here suggested, big improvement BIG BIG.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. lyst36

lyst36

Login to Send PM

I've tried the Super Value Chocolate. The taste isn't bad but it kills my tongue. I don't know why but it does. Autumn Evening does, too, and it makes me sad. I'd recommend a Captain Black in bulk or any of the earlier mentioned ones. I've also tried Admiral's Choice Vanilla. It isn't bad at all. Welcome!

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. User has not uploaded an avatar

smokey422

Login to Send PM

I'd also recommend 1Q if you are looking for an economical aromatic blend. I've smoked some of the Super Value blends and didn't care for them at all, they burned hot and didn't have much flavor. It's been quite a while since I bought a pound of 1Q but I do remember it cost less than $20.

Another good place for economical aromatics is Just For Him (justforhim.com). They have quite a selection. Their store is located in Springfield, MO.

Smokey

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   igloo, andypandy, simnettpratt, fnord, rsuninv, yaddy306, ruger414, ocpsdan