PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Ok, it's technically in Arlington: Sherlock's Baker St. Pub & Grill. 254 Lincoln Square Center, Arlington TX 76011
Go south on 157 Collins off I-30 and immediately turn right on the first turn-in to Lincoln Square; Sherlocks faces north. Buddy took me there the other day and it is excellent. It's in the old British style, dark with lots of wood. They have a grill up front where everything I've ever had was delicious, and cute girls bring you tasty beers. Yes, you can smoke your pipe at your table. I had bangers and mash and my buddy fish & chips, with more than one Newcastle's Brown Ale.
I hadn't been there in years, and didn't know you could smoke. If you want, there's pool tables in the back and a second area where they have live bands. My buddy and I just play backgammon and chess. The food is excellent with large portions, the decor is cool, you get beer, and you can smoke. Highly recommend it for you Dallas/Ft Worth guys. It would be an excellent place for Metroplex pipers to meet.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Very cool Simne. I am glad you enjoyed it and if I am ever in Texas I will have to go check it out.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That sounds like a great place, simne. We're lucky here that we have the Wooden Match in Bethlehem where we hold our pipe club meetings. Famous Cigar is also here and has a fine dining restaurant where you can smoke at your table.

Joints like this are hard to find and need local support to keep operating. So visit there often and tip well.

Status
Not open for further replies.