Tags:  No tags yet. 

Super Excited!

(20 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by quincy
  • Latest reply from anthonyrosenthal74
  1. quincy

quincy

Login to Send PM

Just ordered a sampler that contains 1 2oz Tin of Each: Hearth & Home Marquee Series Fusilier's Ration, Hearth & Home Marquee Series Magnum Opus, Hearth & Home Marquee Series Black House. Includes 1 Julius Maxx Legatus Black Leather 2-Pipe Zipper Pouch AND I got 4 oz of 1Q which I've been dying to try! I don't know much about the tobaccos that come in the sampler except that there is a big Black House fandom here. So, I'm excited to try it! My wife isn't so thrilled at the money I just spent but what are you going to do? The price was right and I've been looking for a good pouch. Now the waiting game begins...

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Isn't this hobby fun?

“Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting.”
    ― Samwise Gamgee
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey welcome aboard Quincy.

I've only tried the Black House and 1Q, but I've heard really good things about the other two. Now you get to watch for the Fed Ex man!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. quincy

quincy

Login to Send PM

Haha! I ordered a Peterson Killarney Ebony online from a great, GREAT company (Best customer service I've ever received!) and I almost took off work the day it was supposed to come to wait for the mailman. No patience. I almost shelled out huge bucks for rushed shipping...

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Congratulations on your samples order! I am sure that, if you enjoy English/Balkan blends, you will like all of these H&H blends. The Lane's 1Q is very mild, quality tobacco, burns evenly, and has a great room note that's quite pleasing when in social locations. Please let us know how they smoke for you!

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When you start to look at your at items around your house and consider their value in tobacco... You will know you have caught TAD.

Let us know how you like the blends you got!

I'm still working on my last order. My report back is going to be like writing an essay lol.

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When you start to look at your at items around your house and consider their value in tobacco

+1
    My iPhone got severe water damage the other day, to the point of not working...I weighed: iPhone vs FVF

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. smokeybear

smokeybear

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just made a TAD purchase and now i want to do another just to feel the excitement your felling right now this is a great hobby i have so much baccy but its never enough lol. enjoy your TAD bud sounds like you got alot of smoking to do.

PS my wife hates it as well but shes been getting the TV alot lately because i smoke outside so it fair lol compromise and sacrifice the two pedestals that carry a relationship

A Great Storm No Matter How Great, Will Always Pass.
    But The Clam After, Is What You Must Master, In Order For Life To Last.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. quincy

quincy

Login to Send PM

I really can't stand USPS tracking. So bad. It still says the pipe I got a few weeks ago is out somewhere near Cleveland. I just want my tobacco and pipe pouch! Here's hoping tomorrow will bring it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Quincy i got a Kilarney Ebony Bent Bulldog, great little smoker, usually I avoid painted pipes, but lo and behold it smoked cool from the start, you are gonna love your pipe. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. quincy

quincy

Login to Send PM

Yeah. I got the pipe the other week (although the usps tracking system doesn't seem to think so). It's a sweet little number. I have two Killarney's now. The other is a Billiard I picked up because I loved my ebony Bulldog so much. Both are great pipes. Made me an instant Peterson fan.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. quincy

quincy

Login to Send PM

Dear God,

I know I'm not perfect. I know I get compulsive especially when it comes to tobacco. I know I probably need to be patient. But Lord, I'm dying to try Black House and 1-Q and a pouch for my pipes and tobacco would really come in handy this next week as I work. If you could just speed the delivery along... I feel bad asking. I know there are waaay more important things to occupy your time, God. But this minister needs his tobacco to help his ministry. It keeps me calm, Lord, and usually I'm reading about you and doing sermon prep. Please Lord, hear my prayer.

Amen

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Fussilier's Ration is a really nice tobacco. I've got some *real* Bengal Slices from way back jarred up to compare to and while it's not exactly the same, it comes quite close. That said, I almost even like the Fussilier's better, it's more "vivid" and more incense-like than the older stuff. Be sure to put it into mason jars and let it "develop" for a couple of months. Fresh out of the tin the tobacco is too young to be really enjoyable. A little down the road you will realize how much potential the stuff has when aged!

Suffering from a serious case of "EPARD", also known as the Estate Pipe Acquisition and Restoration Disorder.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  14. quincy

quincy

Login to Send PM

Yeah. I'm planning on pulling a pipe pack or two from each and then cellaring it for awhile! Except for the 1-Q which I don't think will necessarily benefit from age. That'll be put into short-term storage for regular rotation. However, I just picked up fire-cured black Cavendish from one of my B&Ms and I really dig it (my wife LOVES the room note so I can smoke it in the house. The English and VA blends are in the garage/outside smokes so they are gonna have to wait for Spring and Summer). But, I'm excited. I can't wait. I hear good things about the Magnum Opus too!

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice prayer quincy. I've been praying for my tax refund to get here so I can get a couple new pipes and some tobacco myself. lol. I feel guilty in a way, but then.... it's pipes and baccy!

Cut me... I bleed black.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  16. quincy

quincy

Login to Send PM

Haha and you're just giving the gov't some of their money back. So they'll appreciate it!

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oooooohhhhhh..... total facepalm moment.

oh well... small price to pay for my pipes and tobacco

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. quincy

quincy

Login to Send PM

Anthony, I think you and I could become good friends!

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Now the waiting game begins

Thats the worst part. I hate waiting for things in the mail. It gives you something to look forward to though.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  20. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

could be, quincy. could be.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   winton, necron99, snagstangl, txbeerboy, riffraff, stbruno70, anthonyrosenthal74, gr8scott, bigvan, weezell, twoonefive, jon11, samcoffeeman, thesmokingtexan, cosmicfolklore, gregprince, fishnbanjo, kapnizo, rsuninv, tbradsim1, kcvet67, derfatdutchman, ithelouniverse, edgreen