PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I"ve had it with the Rauncy Unamerican half time shows that are not what most Americans are, even some liberal professors were voicing a concern about too much military presence at the Super Bowl , who fought to give them the right to teach in our halls of learning , I do not think the the majority of American football fans wanted to see Bouncie Girl do her mediocre pyrotech show, what happened to marching bands, SAD,SAD,SAD. The old cajun

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Would't it be nice to see some good old fashioned heart thumping drum corps? I sure do miss seeing the marching bands from my high school and college days.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
The Super Bowl half time show was not for old guys like us! Advertisers don't care that much about our business. Besides, I don't know of any time when popular culture has been more at odds with "traditional" values. I'm with you on this Old Cajun! - bp

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I wish they would dump the half-time show entirely and get on with playing football.

Aug 1, 2012
Yep, the halftime show has become so bloated and crappy that I no longer watch it. I'll turn on some music I actually enjoy and go have a pipe.

Aug 1, 2012
Oh yeah, and we're training a generation to mock and hate any music that isn't in the top 40. It takes a ton of work to even get any of them to hear a marching band, anything remotely classical or jazz without whining.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Hey, I played at every college home game for 4 years! (Drum line)
I agree, and if there's a band (not marching band) for halftime, just let it be a good rock band with amps set up on the turf and nothing else!

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
We used to be able to go the the bathroom on commercials, now the commercials are a focal point so i need the crappy half time shows hit the head.
P.S. you cannot ever have to much of a military presence. They've earned it.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have to say I hate all of the current so-called singers/performers. They are nothing more than studio created fakes. I love classic rock to classical music.
Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
It takes a ton of work to even get any of them to hear a marching band, anything remotely classical or jazz without whining.
Count me out for the marching band. Not my cuppa. I've always loved classical, and get to the local philharmonic when I have the money. But I had no interest in jazz until a few years ago. The older I get the more I "get" jazz.
-Jason

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I agree. And like gwtbss, I would love to see one of those big college marching bands put on one of their beautifully synchronized shows. My nephew was at the game, he said from their seats they couldn't hear a thing but a din. I told him that he didn't really miss anything....
I wonder what they'll do next year in the cold weather of NYC?

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I kinda liked the half-time show, call me crazy. :crazy:

And while I do appreciate the military and veterans (Heck I am one).

I'm getting a bit tired of corporations jumping on the band wagon. I see it like this. An honest and heart felt thank you is always welcome. Wrapping your latest product in veterans/military to sell it(aka Jeep's Super bowl Ad), Kiss my A$$

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Jason, you might want to check out the brand new Blue Note Records release by the Wayne Shorter Quartet. I have been listening to it off and on today. - bp

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Ya know it might have been better if she had lipsynced the whole show and if they had installed a pole dead center on the stage .Suffice to say I would rather watch Kermit the Frog sing Rainbow Connection .

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I thought that the Black Eyed Peas half time show was the worst possible, 98% of the people watching had no idea who they were. But the crown has now been passed…

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Halftime is a good time to catch-up on Buffalo wings. The entertainment is not my cup-of-tea.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Being an SEC fan, I wasn't all that interested in the game or halftime show.

I had it on the boob-tube while I was working on a project.

I only stopped working to watch the commercials.

I did however; watch the "goal-line stand".

As for the half-time show... I had no interest at all.

I did; however, get a good laugh when the lights went out. :D

:puffy:
T minus FIVE

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Beyonce can come and sing to me any time even if I don't like the song. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.