PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I saw this picture on Facebook today. It's from the "Lost Ottawa" page, one of your typical 'retro' picture collections. The title of the thread says it all, and I thought it was too good not to share. If we ever get the Ottawa guys together and start a club, we should reenact this...

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
anyone notice that facial hair comes along nicely with pipe smoking...lol but still a cool ye olde pic.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Bottom row, second in from the right. He's looking at his buddy there as if to say,"HEY! That's MY pipe!" A great retro photo.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Great photo!
Love the topee in the lap of the rather portly, balding gentlemen in the first row smoking a cigar. And is that a baseball bat next to the "HEY! That's MY pipe!" guy?
I'm thinking the older gentleman in the upper left hand might be the manager/coach/owner of the "Ottawa Niners"?
Fnord

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Nice picture of some fellow pipers.Love it.Its definitely got history.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I think that'd be fun. Im not allowed to grow a moustache though, hahahahaha
Warren

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
I'm really looking forwards to smoking a pipe on outings along the Ottawa this summer, as it happens. I'm a bit farther upriver than the Ottawa guys, mind you.
Nice to see some photographic evidence of Victorian-era pipe styles, too. Looks like I can add Canadians and straight Eggs to my list of acceptably Victorian pipe styles...

Status
Not open for further replies.