Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Perhaps it's middle age. Or perhaps it's the changes I've made in my life over the past several years. Or perhaps it's a combination of the two. But I have become something of a hedonist. Not a hedonism that requires money or extravagance. Rather, a hedonism that requires a detachment from the world - a detachment from our Western culture's hectic life.
My Sunday morning act of hedonism is relaxing on the deck, sitting in my recliner chair that my wife purchased for me several years back for Father's Day, with my traditional Sunday Smoke: Gaslight in my Butz-Choquin Cocarde bulldog.
I smoke this tobacco only on Sundays. And I smoke this pipe only on Sundays. A repeated chorus each week, an act of pure hedonism.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
That picture is like a work of art. After a week of work, a day of rest and relaxation is well-deserved and necessary to recharge for the next week of work.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I follow a similar Sunday AM ritual, My Mixture 965 in a Ferndown Bark with coffee out on the patio. Sunday mornings don't get much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.