PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I had never really warmed up to the Bruyere finish by Dunhill until I saw this very early example. The Bruyere was introduced in 1910 the same year Alfred Dunhill opened his Duke St. tobacco shop. The White Spot didn’t appear until 1915 which was done so customers would know which way the stem should be oriented in the pipe.
This ca 20’s Dunhill Bruyere is a fine example, it’s original owner must have thought about what they wanted before ordering it since it sports an original Dunhill AD hallmark on the 9 carat gold band. The pipe is a Churchwarden and comes in a rare Ventage Case, Pat No.141486/19 also marked Dunhill London on the exterior bottom of the case.
I’m keeping it smokey with the last of the aged tin of Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake.

banjo
43854391504_d04c1c0f6c_z_d.jpg

44572927381_475b902676_z_d.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think it's hard to beat a churchwarden for smoking sitting down. You can keep your elbow on the armrest and think deep thoughts. That's me in my avatar with a Sav 601, not this beautiful classic Dunhill but a mighty fine 'warden at that.

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
I called Finepipes to buy that pipe several years ago only to find out I'd missed it by a DAY. I was pretty upset at the time, but lo and behold, I saw on this forum that you had purchased it. That made me feel a whole lot better.
Every time you post a picture of that pipe, I get a kick. Keep it Smokey!
Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.