PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Almost 50 degrees here in Minnesota. My kids were outside playing in puddles while I pulled up a chair relaxed and enjoyed a smoke. I got to work on my breathing cadence. I had several relights but it did not bother me. I had a great time. Anyone else able to enjoy the heat wave?

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
I hear ya! I live up in Duluth and it has been a brutal winter to say the least. We needed a little break!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I don't know how you guys survive. In Chicago, we got just a little taste of what you guys routinely go through,

and it was almost unbearable. And our brothers in Canada? Forget about it! :lol:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
It's a balmy (no kidding) 36F in Ottawa right now. Weather like this should in no way feel warm, but it does. We're getting some snow tonight of course...
I went for a run this afternoon and got the "wet grass" spring smell for a few moments. It almost made me happy, but I hate running.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
Growing up in the sf bay area I had no idea what winter was, not until I went to basic training at Fort Knox Kentucky.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I spent the last two years in North Dakota on the Canadian border working and I can honestly say I was never so glad to get transferred back to the South. Don't know how you ladies and gentlemen do it year after year. Two winters and I was done. Here in SouthEast New Mexico it is 75 degrees with a 5 mph wind and beautiful.. last year at this time I was trying to figure out how I was going to get from rig to the house. -25 degrees with 26" of snow and ice. I can remember when it got above zero and we thought it felt good!!!! :crazy: I feel for you fellas!! Hang in there.

verse

Lurker
Mar 6, 2014
Like anything...when you are born in it...you are forged by it. As much as we bitch about it sometimes...I love the crisp clean air and sublime quietude of a cold blue bird day in the forest. Oh ya, and the promise of spring is a sweet carrot :)

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
I'm in Slidell outside of New Orleans. I can't stand cold weather. This was by far the coldest winter I remember. If the winters were like this every year I would move further South. Give me 98 degrees and humidity any day over anything below 50 degrees.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
I lived in Florida for a year and I can say, yep it was gorgeous, but nothing beats a spring day in the 50's after a long winter. Still amazes me to etch the kids put in shorts an such for these "warmer" days lol
Then in fall, weather turns and you see sweaters for high 60's.
It's now 32 and snowing, we still have a 4 ft base of snow hahaha

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Nothing like a sled ride on a cool crisp -15 nite, snowing lightly and al the fresh varmint tracks, coming home, snifter of brandy and some time in the hot tub with a loved one.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Chago, I'm afraid you still don't know what winter is! :nana:
As for this winter.......it has truly sucked!!! Brutally cold, lots of snow, wind, freezing rain. However, I can't stand the high heat and humidity so I live with the winters to get the spring and early summer as well as fall weather.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Where I live [30 mins high speed train (200mph)from Shanghai] it's too cold for five months and too hot for 6 months, with around 6 weeks of 'normal' weather ever year. So you need a snow jacket and a pair of basketball shorts in your cupboard and you're sorted. But that isn't what we're interestied in when we talk about the weather- the AQI is FAR more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.