PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlr1

Lurker
May 29, 2014
As the warmer weather rolls around, I put away the English blends and return to my Viginia's. I also return to Orlik Golden Sliced but, at PipeStud's suggestion, tried Hudson's Bay. For those who may not know, this is a lighter version of Royal Yacht with far less nicotine. I like it a lot. With all of that said, I'd like to add another to my rotation along the same lines as these two. I have tried and ruled out the following:
VIRGINIA NO. 1

CAPSTAN BLUE

DUNHILL ROYAL YACHT

HAL O THE WYND

ESCUDO

SAMUEL GAWITH FULL VIRGINIA

DUNHILL FLAKE

SOLANI

THREE NUNS

VINTAGE
Any other suggestions that are along the lines of OGS and Hudson's Bay would be appreciated.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Another Orlik product that seems to go well with warmer weather is Dark Strong Kentucky. The layer of Virginia in the middle balances everything out, flavor-wise.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I think you ought to give some of those other tobaccos you listed another try. Especially Dunhill Flake, Capstan Blue, and Escudo. If that doesn't work, I suggest Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Navy Flake.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Interesting, I'm going to have to give Hudson's Bay a try. Was not a fan of Royal Yacht.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Wow, yes to OGS but no to Capstan, Dunhill Flake, and Vintage Flake. I would explore some of the Wessex offerings to see if anything tickles the taste buds. Peterson Irish Flake and University Flake are a couple of other options.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I have only smoked one tin of Hudson's Bay, but I liked it a lot. It is high up on my list.

jlr1

Lurker
May 29, 2014
Thanks. Keep them coming. As far as Irish Flake, it too is one of my favorites but a bit too heavy in my opinion for a summer smoke. Looking to stay on the flavorful but lighter side in the warm weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.