PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Looking for a few suggestions for some blends that are nicotine heavy!! Hoping to reduce the amount I smoke by getting my nicotine in one bowl and then being able to

Stretch it out further then 2 hours between bowls!! So far I know c&d autumn evening packs a pretty decent punch and when I was smoking it I did smoke less frequently

But I’m going to place another order in the next week or two and would like to get my list ready Incase I get another op for free shipping!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Five Brothers is dependably nicotine rich, and it can be added to other blends for a boost. C&D burley blends and leaf usually have nic, Billy Budd and Old Joe Krantz for example, or Riverboat Gambler, and a number of others. Tambolaka is well respected for nic, but is not always readily available. Black rope is usually nic-y, and brown rope more so. I don't go after nicotine, but when encountered it is usually a nice extra.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I'll add Dark Birdseye to the list. I think it's absolutely delicious and the shag cut makes for no fuss packing.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Dark Flake (GH). Dunhill has a Dark Flaked, as does Wessex. Wessex is full-bodied while the GH is a fire storm, along the lines of Black Rope. Brown Rope is stronger still.

Dark Flake

Dark Flake
La Brumeuse

There are many full-bodied tobaccos out there, but the drawback in smoking them is that full-body can become what you most want to smoke, losing interest in the far wider array of mild and medium tobaccos. This happened to me.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I recommend SG Brown no 4 and Rope XX to all nicotine addicts. Although I am not sure your strategy of getting all the nicotine in one bowl towards smoking less is sound. As you smoke more nicotine heavy, your body will get accustomed to it - as they call it build a tolerance, and it will crave more, or better said you will need more smoking to get your nic fix.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks y’all for the suggestions!! I see we’re chasing the nic could lead down a rabbit hole lol.

I’m hoping in time it will be more about relaxing and flavor chasing enjoyment but before a switched to pipes

I was close to two packs of cigarettes a day.
So I’ve been smoking 6-8 bowls a day sometimes more chasing the nicotine!! I have still really enjoyed smoking a pipe

And see me continuing with no end in site. It truly is a relaxing and thought invoking process, especially now that I’m finally starting to get the

Hang of it!!

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I'll cast my vote for the SG ropes too, they'll put some hair on your chest as people used to say. When hairy chests were in fashion...

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
At least for me, some of the heavier nicotine blends taste like crap. Mac Baren HH Bold Kentucky is decent. C&D Dreams of Kadath is good. GL Pease Gaslight are good. I smoke to enjoy the flavors more than the nicotine. Buy some nicotine gum if you're that big of a nicotine fan.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
1792 Flake, Lakeland Dark, Irish Flake, Royal Yacht (hard to get) are the nic-hitters in my collection. Runners up are Old Dark Fired and Petersons Perfect Plug.

All of these are also massively flavorful and might mute other milder blends.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for moar suggestions!!
Egg roll are you telling me that my hairy chest is not in style anymore?
Cosmic I plan on only ordering a couple of nic heavy blends and maybe just smoking one a couple times a day. And hopefully I can ween myself rather quickly!!

Cause I do enjoy the flavors oh so munch!!

highwaycobbery

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2015
North cacallaky
MacB’s Plumcake is pretty good for vitamin N. It’s often my go to morning smoke with coffee. For some reason some tobacco just tastes better at a certain time of day.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
SG Brown No. 4 is a delicious rope and worthy of consideration for such a list. As are GLP JKP and CD OJK and Bold Kentucky and G&H Brown Sliced.

Status
Not open for further replies.