PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I tried 1792 flake. The Good, I like a lot it has a delicious taste. The Bad, it is too high in nic dept for me. So I am thinking to mix it with some other blend to tone done nic hit. Any suggestion for a blend to mix with 1792 in order to decrease nic while retaining as much as possible its taste?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's funny how different tolerances are. I actually found it to be too mild and mix it with Black Twist XX or Old Dark Fired.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
GH black cav, in bulk. It's not all BC and it's fire cured so really doesn't detract much from the 1792 flavors. I have the same issue - love the stuff, but don't love the nic.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
The solution is to smoke more 1792. Your resistance will kick in in time.
On second thought, some folks just natively have a low tolerance and hurling is never fun so I suggest you try Kendal Cream Deluxe Flake. In truth, I’ve only smoked the one tin, but I found it remarkably similar to the 9 year old 1792 I was smoking at the same time. Similar but not the same. It has a good bit of tonqin and is very palate-filling but easy on the nicotine. I thought of it as 1792 light.
Meanwhile, try smoking the 1792 as slowly as you can and set it down from time to time.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ah, gotcha. Try mixing it the way I suggested and let me know what you think about the N hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.