Suggestion for the Radio Show: Jiminks interview?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I love the Radio Show and listen to it faithfully every Friday. I also enjoy reading Forum member Jiminks' tobacco reviews, that he kindly posts here on the Forum and on various tobacco review sites ( for instance ). I have learned so much about pipe smoking and tobacco blends from these two sources and I am sure I'm not alone. I thought ... why not combine the two with an interview? I'd love to hear Jim's story on how he became a pipe smoker extraordinaire. I'm not sure either Brian or Jim would be interested in this, but I figured I'd ask the question. Thanks again for all the great information and camaraderie shared on this Forum and on the Radio Show.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Permit me to second that motion. I know Jim, and he's an extremely chatty fellow with a wealth of information to share. If he and Brian could get together, I think we'd all be the lucky beneficiaries.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Oh, wow! I'm blushing! Back in April, Brian actually mentioned this idea to me, but we never got back up with each other. I used to do radio talk many years back, which was great fun, and this would be great fun, too. If Brian's still interested, maybe it'll happen.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I think it's a great idea. I listen to the radio show religiously and really enjoy it, but when some of the interviews go away from pipes and tobacco I find myself losing interest. We need guys that eat, sleep and shit pipes and tobaccos to be interviewed and I think Jim fits the bill!!

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Excellent!!!

ditto.gif

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
It will be so. Jim and I are on the phone right now scheduling it.
Brian
Wow! This is great! Thanks Brian and Jim! There is a lot to learn from members of this forum and it will be great to get to know these people better. Thanks again!

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
Jim has to talk a little about his career as well. Find a Pipe tie in somehow Jim, but when I read your posts regarding the illustrators and artists you have worked with i was riveted

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Derrick: Brian does want to talk about my career, so I guess my cover will be blown now. Guess it was bound to happen. Well, I have known some of the great comic book creators and I do like to talk about them. But I imagine we'll mainly talk tobacco.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
An awesome idea and I can't wait for that episode. Jim is certainly my go-to guy not just on PM's forum but anywhere. The TR site is so tiresome and let's face it, there aren't exactly tests you have to take to become a reviewer over there. So cool that this little fraternity turns out so many talented people and we in turn get to learn more about them on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.