Sugar Barrel Smokers???

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by 05venturer
  • Latest reply from badgercat
  1. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anyone out there that smokes Sugar Barrel pretty regulary? I am wondering the major differences between SB & CH.

Kent

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. jwp159

jwp159

Login to Send PM

It's been a few months since I finished up my tub of SB, I need to order another. As far as I know SB has no Va as CH has a small amount. SB is a good smooth burly with a topping of maple flavor. The topping is not overpowering just kind of in the background of the nutty burly taste. Its slightly sweet and very cool smoking, the taste puts me in mind of hot cakes and maple syrup. It has a nice room note. IMO it's slightly fuller in burly flavor than CH but not as full as PA. I really enjoy it as I also enjoy CH.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

jwp159, do you know if it is sold in a smaller pouch or just the large tub? I am pretty sure I would enjoy it but hate to buy a full tub and find out I don't. I do smoke CH regularly. I have not been able to find SB in a smaller package anywhere myself.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. eaglerico

eaglerico

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

05, I sent you a PM

Glenn
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

do you know if it is sold in a smaller pouch or just the large tub? I am pretty sure I would enjoy it but hate to buy a full tub and find out I don't. I do smoke CH regularly. I have not been able to find SB in a smaller package anywhere myself.

4 Noggins sells Sugar Barrel and Walnut in quasi-bulk (I think Rich just sells it out of the tubs) -- minimum is 2 ounces: http://www.4noggins.com/walnut2oz57g-2.aspx

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A lot of these OTC brands only come in tubs.

Rich sells Sugar Barrel and Walnut in 2 oz increments, as roth suggests, but that's the only place you are going to find them like that.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. wildcat

wildcat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

SB is a good smooth burly with a topping of maple flavor.
    It's funny how we all taste differently. I would never say maple when it comes to SB. I would say sugar cookie or oatmeal cookie. Loves the stuff by the way! CH is more nutty than SB. Both heap good medicine!

Descriptions from MILAN
    Carter Hall Pipe Tobacco
    Slow burning, no bite. Cross cut Burleys with a sprinkling of Virginia flake. A pleasing, sweet taste and aroma.
    Sugar Barrel Pipe Tobacco
    Cross cut Burleys and Virginia flake. Tart/sweet flavor.

For whereas men of an older school, like myself, smoke for the pleasure of smoking...
    A.A. Milne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks friends!!!!!

I found out what I needed, you all are the best.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I haven't tried CH yet so I can't really add to that, but I just wanted to note that Sugar Barrel leaves almost a brown sugar smell in my pipes afterwards. I love the stuff.

Matt.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. leacha

leacha

Login to Send PM

I just had my first bowl of SB. Sweet, sugar/oatmeal cookie, nice aroma, mild, no bite. The previous comments say it all. One thing I noticed though, it made me want to nap.

Andrew
    Posted 7 months ago #
  11. buster

buster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like sugar barrel, but it leaves me smelling like I smoked a cigarette. That's the only thing I don't like about it. I like it in a cob best.

Think slow, act fast.
    Posted 7 months ago #
  12. badgercat

badgercat

Login to Send PM

I just ordered a tun of Sugar Barrel from WV Smokeshop. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Posted 6 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   numbersix, cosmicfolklore, ghost, dhizzy, masspiper, drayve85, verse, papipeguy, sean81, latbomber, tombraider, yazamitaz, bigvan, trailboss, purplemotoman, tuckahoe, tbradsim1, rmbittner, pitchfork, yaboofive, leparker, dottiewarden