PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Well we had a drizzly day for our burner, but the six of us had an awesome time. There was a s&$%-ton of tobacco accompanied by many nice pipes. Everyone got a chance to sample new blends and, I think, almost everyone went home with something new to add to their rack or cellar. In attendance were: brdavidson, damnyak, shutterbug, smokeybear, cavendish and yours truly.
New blends I sampled today: Three Nuns (current issue), MacB Plum Cake, and a sweet Virginia that Shutterbug brought.
My find of the day: Birth Year Dunhill! It's a delightful Group 1 Shell Briar. I'll post photos of the pipe later.
Here are some pics from the day, hopefully some of the other lads will post their pics too.
The stash coming out...

Shutterbug's Well Organized Collection:

The Lads:

Who Says Size Matters?

The Eats:

Good times, and great puffing!
Lookin' forward to the next time.
-- Pat

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Great Pictures..The fifth picture from the top has a pipe with a long stem.The pipe and stem look like they're made of Cherry.I like the look of it a lot.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
It was a great time no matter the rain! I picked up three nice pipes for my collection, I'll post pics of them later on.

New Blends I tried today were H&H Saratoga Summer and Mohawk River (liked both of them). Smoked a bowl of Plumcake and still liked it (last taste was last Feb.) and the only one I tried and didn't like was SG Sweet Maple Twist. The jar note smelled good, but I just couldn't find a taste for it and I ended up dumping half the bowl as I just couldn't finish it. Very floral and left a bad aftertaste that only a strong coffee and one of my awesome brownies could wash away.

Thanks to everyone for coming out, regardless of weather, I really enjoyed myself and I know smokeybear did too. :puffy:

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
That is the biggest pipe and the smallest pipe I have ever seen.
We all thought it was pretty cool too! We got a laugh from getting the biggest and smallest together in one pic.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
It was an excellent day I had a really good time thank you guys for putting it all together it was well worth getting out in the rain for. Until next time.
I have a few pics myself I will post them later tonight.
I tried lots of new blends and traded for two new to me pipes I will post all of this shortly
Food and desert was amazing thank you Pruss and Cavendish for that.
Thank you shutterbug for the fresh sample of Mac Barens roll cake I like the age on it a little better so now I have an idea of how long I should age my va/pers.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Great stuff boys. Sorry I could not make it. Certainly would like to me you all. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 24, 2012
Great going guys. I thought of you today - was at Woodbine for a race our horse was running in and it was pretty nasty. They actually closed the dirt track and made all the races go on poly. When I thought of you, I just assumed that you guys canceled it for rain - man, you sure are committed pipesters. Congrats.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Wow Pat, that is a very nice pipe! I didn't get a real close look at it, but it hangs great on you and suits your style. I want to find a '79 Brigham. If you do come across any let me know. I don't know what it is now but I have been bitten by the 'find your birth year pipe' bug lol.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I forgot to mention earlier, I want to give a big props and a shout out to pruss. There was this fellow who was hunkered down under the overhang of the roof by the washroom where we gathered. I had gone into the washroom and noticed he was in there drying his clothes under the hand dryer as well as trying to warm himself up a little. He sat there the entire time we were there. I did notice him peeking around the corner a few times to see what we were all about.
Near the end Pat was starting to pack up the cook stove and some of the goodies. There was one rack of ribs left and we were all full, so instead of throwing it away I piped up and said "Hey, why not give it to that guy down there?" Pat then went ahead and made a plate up for him. He got a rack of back ribs, some potatoe salad, cornbread, a bun, and some brownies for dessert. I think we all felt a little better inside knowing that someone who was less fortunate got a hot meal on a rainy day.
I wanted to mention this here, just because I felt it needed saying and I know Pat and the rest of us just couldn't enjoy all that great food with someone sitting there with nothing and just throw it away. Good on ya Pat for bringing it to him. Let's hope his life and world get better for him.

:puffy:

Jan 8, 2013
Oooooh!!!! Deviled eggs!!!! 8O 8O 8O :D
Edit: I just saw the last post about feeding the dude hanging out drying his clothes. I hope you all are blessed 100 fold for that. :D

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice post pruss. Fine example of fellowship. I like that 4 pipe case and great score on the shell. Hey what is the lake in the background?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
We're not going to talk about the birth year dunne anymore, but that aside it was a great day! Lots of laughs and great baccy, not to mention food and coffee. It w as nice finally meeting some of the members. Thanks very much Pat for putting this all together and for bringing the plate to the homeless guy. Anyone who knows Pat will not be surprised by his actions. I'll post some more photos later.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
That's great. It was rainy today down here in Ohio too until late afternoon and the sun came out for bit. Years ago I did some kayaking in Lake Ontario around where the Niagra River empties into Ontario. It's a beautiful lake. My old man has a place on Lake Erie so that's the Great Lake I spend most of my time around these days.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Awesome pics guys! I may make the trek down there in the future if you do it again. Looks like a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.