PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
Being just a gray hair or two over thirty, I tend to get some strange looks when I pull out a pipe instead of cigarettes on my breaks at work. Occasionally I'll get the "that smells good". I've been smoking sugar barrel,1Q, and Trout stream, the last two sometimes alone, but usually lately the three mixed, when I'm at work. I do that because A:) I like the baccies for a relaxing no brainer smoke. and B:) it cuts down on the looks from my black house, and odyssey, and FMOTB room notes.

One of the girls I usually take breaks with has been on training for the last two weeks. She's in a different department and refers to me as either beardy guy or the guy with the pipe(I don't think she knows my right name)

Well she's done her training and back on the same break schedule again today, She came walking out a minute after me and said "God I missed having break with you, that just smells so good".

So maybe a small victory for pipe smokers but a victory none the less, and I'll take em where I get em.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Right on, we need all the good public reactions we can get. Keep up the good work.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
With all the anti smoking stuff going on these days we pipers have 1 in our corner with good aromas compared to other forms of smoking. People often comment on the good smell then share a story about their Grandfather or someone. Indeed a victory.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I was waiting for you to say she bought a pipe and was taking up the hobby. Oh well, maybe in the future. We'll take any praise we can get these days though. Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Same comments from my workplace, mixed in with a few smart alec ones as well. Some people give me weird looks when I have plumcake in the bowl but don't mind the sweeter smelling stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.