PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
This may be a stupid question: Zippo brand lighter fluid is hard to find locally. Has anyone ever used "ULTRA-PURE" LAMP OIL by Lamplight Farms? (Clear Smokeless and Odorless 99% Pure Liquid Wax Paraffin Candle and Lamp Liquid Totally superior to any general-purpose lamp oil.) I have it in a lantern at home and it is truly odorless. Just wondering if anyone knows.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
White gas/Coleman camp stove lantern fuel is what I use all the time. I wouldn't use anything in mine that said wax or oil in the description.

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
1+ on the Coleman fuel. Save some empty Zippo fluid bottles, fill those with Coleman fuel so you can have something you could store on the shelf and that will easily fill the lighter.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Put some of the lamp oil on a cloth and see if the sparks from the lighter sets the oil on fire. If it works it works. Do not use gasoline or everclear very dangerous.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
IMHO using Coleman fuel is scary. I used a very small amount once to start a fire pit and it went up like a flame thrower when I stuck the match. Where do you live that you can't find Zippo fuild?

firedragonx

Lurker
Oct 4, 2010
Stop by Wal-Mart and get a yellow bottle of Ronsonol - Made by Ronson and owned by Zippo. I've used this in my Zippos for years and it does not leave any after taste. Infact I like it better than the Zippo black can and I find it to be cheaper - can get the black can in my B&M pipe shop in a local mall and they have a high overhead. The Ronsonol is about half the price here.
Good Luck - Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.