PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I sent some baccy samples to Mirain and Forest7 packed in the video boxes sold by the post office. They looked to be secure just by folding and, being in a hurry, I didn't tape the lid. Forest reported this morning that he got the package, the lid was open, and the tobacco was gone. All that was left were the pipe cleaners.
I haven't heard back yet from Mirain but wouldn't be surprised if he was missing content as well. I apologize to Forest, especially considering that he had sent me a package a month ago and I was slow in returning the favor in the first place.
Lesson learned is to tape packages securely. Dagnabit, consarned, *%$@%~ ($#+*# @%~ ($ :oops:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
One of the few uses I have ever found for duct tape outside of silencing annoying small children is using it on USPS boxes. Anyone who has had tobacco from me will know I tape the cr*p out of those boxes due to the useless sticky stuff the Post Office uses.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
This was the first time I didn't tape them. I was at the post office, in a hurry to get the package in the mail that day. I still remember thinking about going back to the office for tape. Not only did I lose about 7 bucks in shipping and packaging, the time and travel, but I disappointed a brother who got a box with nothing but a bundle of pipe cleaners.
I hope migraines arrives intact.
Pax

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
concor: Only a "few" uses for duct tape? Where's your imagine man! I've seen trucks on the road, seemingly held together with duct tape. I've repaired cobs with duct tape. Boots, fishing poles, weapons, golf clubs, tri-pods, whatever, always a great temporary fix, some of which have lasted for many years.
You're just not trying!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Duct tape is the greatest invention ever. Just ask the Apollo 13 astronauts. With a bouquet of flowers and a roll of duct tape, I can fix ANYTHING.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
No worries. My package arrived without incident and in tact.
What I found interesting was when I was sending tobacco to fulfill another trade, the postmaster saw me packing the tobacco and commented that it was illegal to send tobacco products through the mail. I questioned him "Even if it's a gift?" He said it didn't matter.
He's a cool guy though and when I brought the package up to the counter for weighing I told him it was caviar to which he seemed satisfied. :lol:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hi mirain
Your postmaster is wrong. The prohibition applies strictly to cigarettes, roll your own, and smokeless tobaccos such as snuff. Pipe tobacco is not even mentioned in the restrictions. As long as you're not mailing a tobacco product that is a cigarette, is intended to create a cigarette, or is a smokeless product you can mail it, provided you meeting packaging guidelines, are not selling the product, if if you are selling it, are licensed to do so.
EDIT: This applies to domestic, not international, mailing of tobacco.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Sable,

I'm not at all surprised if the postmaster has inaccurate info. These days there is little, if any, consistency when it comes to rules and regs. Airport security immediately comes to mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.