PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I know it's a stupid question but my search skills are failing me so I'll just ask. Do you need to save the little metal tip from the Brigham filter? This is my first Brigham, I have no extra filters, and I don't want to lose an important bit.
Thanks

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nope. There's a little metal tip on every rock maple filter. You just go crazy with those metal tips. Get down with your bad self.
-- Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I hear you. I find myself spending extended periods of time in the rubber-made and tupperware sections of big box stores now. It took this hobby for me to feel like I needed to get sh!t organized.
-- Pat

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
The metal piece is what helps keep the filter in place inside the stem. I put a filter in a stem without the metal piece and the draw seemed a bit different but it seemed to be ok. I don't use the filters anymore since I find they restrict the airflow and its just one more thing to mess around with. Changing it every few bowls, rinsing them then finding somewhere to dry them that is clean when I was at work is a PITA so I just do without.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Don't forget that you can rinse and dry the filters after each smoke and re-use them several times!

Status
Not open for further replies.