PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Almost a decade ago I hurt my back pretty badly and although it's healed up well, it still acts up now and again. It's been bad the last two days and this morning I gave in and went to the doctors. One shot and a few scrips later, I'm about to lay in bed and watch some horror movies. I did have a pipe of Red Cake in my most comfortable chair first though. I hate to have my back out and miss work but if you have to do it... might as well make the most of the bed rest. If your back is in good shape, take every precaution to keep it that way. When your back doesn't work neither does anything else.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
I feel for you... I'm sure you've heard the advice about alternating heat and ice, and I'm sure they've given you something a bit more powerful than Ibuprofen. I hope you mend soon.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I know how you feel.

I fractured the lowest vertebra in my back about 15-16 years ago, and have quite a bit of pain on a daily basis. But, life goes on, and paychecks must be earned!

Lots of OTC pain meds, Tiger Balm Ultra Strenght, my pipes, and a few occasional beers do help some though, lol!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Good luck. Get well and take your meds. People who haven't experienced it just don't get it. I sprained my spine at work a few months ago. It was brutally painful.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Got the gout in my wrist (can go to any joint though the big toe is the most common) and even the touch of sheets in the bed were enough to send to new heights of misery. Taking prednisone.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
n2ms6e.jpg

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Good luck. Get well and take your meds. People who haven't experienced it just don't get it. I sprained my spine at work a few months ago. It was brutally painful.
OMG... I did this a few years ago, squatting with free weights. I physically heard and felt my back go, "POP!!" I couldn't even breathe. I immediately got on the inversion table, and that helped, but it was still three months of agony before I was back to 100% again.
Swift healing, Daimyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.