PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Straus tobacco sleepy hollow is a bulk aromatic offered seasonally for the fall at Straus Tobacco in Florence Ky as well as Cincinnati OH. This blend was a surprise for myself and it was a very flavorful aromatic.

Presentation/ Tin note- The tobacco was a bulk ribbon cut blend and was very moist. The scent of the tobacco was very much of a cinnamon pumpkin pie scent with a bit of earthiness to it. Judging by the moisture and scent this tobacco is heavily cased. Leafs used are cavendish Latakia and perique. This is a total guess though because of the casing on this aromatic.

Packing- this tobacco was very easy to work with except for how moist it was. I recommend letting this air a bit, but if your an aromatic smoker who enjoys the goop load and go!

Lighting- this tobacco was pretty easy for myself to light and after a false light stayed lit all the way to a good gray ash.

Flavor- the flavoring noticed is a cinnamon, pumpkin and some mild vanilla.

Taste- well this is always a distinguishing factor of whether or not an aromatic is a keeper. Needless to say the smell of this tobacco does indeed taste just like it smells. That is a huge win for a pumpkin spiced tobacco blend. It was the same taste from start to finish. I really did get a spicy tingle itching my nose and that has lead to me believing there is perique in this hidden under all that casing. There was also a bit of an earthiness to this taste as well.

Overall- Sleepy Hollow is a seasonal aromatic from Straus Tabocconist and it really is a nice fall treat. If your into pumpkin spiced things of course give them a call and order some. I just had another bowl of this stuff with a pumking beer. It was a welcomed break from my routine English/Oriental blends. 4.5 stars out of 5. Hope everyone enjoyed this quick review.

Status
Not open for further replies.