Strange clumps of brown sludge in a pouch?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Barling Pipes
3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I encountered something a little odd this morning, and I am a little concerned. I opened up a bag of "Scrap" bargain blend tobacco (Sterling, tossed in with a sample, its been sitting in the back of the drawer for a couple weeks now), and discovered that nearly 1/8 of the pouch is strange goopy clumps of something that doesn't appear to be tobacco. The clumps in question are dark brown, have the consistancy of plasticine, and absolutely reek of cherries. I tried to rub one of these clumps out, and was rewarded with a sticky, brown mess (that reeks of cherries) pressed into my hands. I am pretty sure I don't want to smoke this - but I do, however, want to know just what the hell it is (my guess is tobacco dust, flavourings and humectants, concentrate). Anyone else find anything like this?

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
You're probably right, schmitz, about it being dust and flavorings and the like, all compressed together. I would just toss the whole bag; it isn't like you're losing much with the bargain blend anyhow.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I think it must be poo, from an animal that eats cherries. Where do you usually store your pouch?
:lol:

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
UncleArthur, thanks.

What a trip down memory lane.

I had forgotten that McQueen had starred in that cinematic classic.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Not only did Steve McQueen star in the movie as Steve Andrews, but Aneta Corsaut played the role of Jane Martin, his girlfriend.

She also played Helen Crump, Andy Griffith's girlfriend, in the Mayberry series.)

Status
Not open for further replies.