PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I have had uneven results smoking bent Dublins--I've never seen a straight one. Now I see a very handsome new Peterson for St Paddy's Day, a straight Dublin. How well do straight Dublins smoke? The Peterson, in addition to being a Dublin, has a tall chamber compared to the pipe it most resembles, the 106. As usual, thoughts and opinions?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have two straight Dublins, a Bob Hayes handmade rusticated Dublin with a bamboo shank, and a Chapuis-Comoy smooth that looks almost like a zulu except, of course, it has a straight shank and stem. Both are excellent smokers. It's really not an unusual shape.

May 4, 2015
I haven't seen a Dublin in the 2017's?
I only have one Dublin (cobs not withstanding). I like it for Va Flakes. I did not like it for Burley blends. Something to do with the conical chamber? Maybe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The conical bowl on Dublins has a certain burn to it, but it's perfect for the right blends, and it is one of the most captivating shapes, straight or bent.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
What kind of problems were you having with your bent dublin?
I've got a Peterson straight dublin and a Chacmo straight dublin. Both smoke well.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I have two straight Dublins off the top of my head, one from Royal Oak Briars, it is sandblasted with a bamboo shank and one from Bill Shalosky, it is sandblasted as well. Both of these pipes are wonderful smokers, I don't keep pipes that are not.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
Some of my Dublins smoke a little hot.

I have two Petersons nr 120, they are ok but not more than that.

One of my best pipes is a Redman and two of the worst Dunhills,all

dublin shapes

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I found this Dublin at Tobacco Pipes. Moot point, because I got another new style from SM, a Donegal.

May 4, 2015
Not moot for me! If there's a St. Paddy's Dublin I didn't know about, I would like to see it. I can't find it on TobaccoPipes.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Dublin's are one of my favorite shapes, straight or bent. They are magical for flakes! My sandblasted Bent Dublin with white Juma stem from Jesse Jones is one of my very favorites!

Tim

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I have 2 bent dublins, and NOS Grabow straight that I picked up at Paul's Pipe Shop couple weeks ago and a Tinsky 1/4 bent. They all smoke wonderful. I have found I prefer the way they smoke compared to other shapes. I agree with mso, shape of the bowl.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Maybe they only had one."
I think not :crazy:
Since when did Peterson sell 'one off' pipes?
"St Peter's Dublin appears again in Tobacco Pipes."
Why would Peterson sell a St. Peter pipe? This gets weirder and weirder :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.