Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastorpiper

Lurker
Dec 16, 2016
Just tried this for the first time.....REALLY nice stuff! I love the taste, the room note, and it doesn't leave me smelling like a bonfire, or a cigarette as some other blends do.
If I really like Storm Front what else would you suggest? (I really like SWR and PA as well. I can't smoke Carter Hall due to the Virginia in it that burns my mouth. Not sure if they changed that blend, but I found I just can't do red Virginia at all).
Who else smokes Storm Front here?

Other suggestions?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
A lot of people discover a new-to-them blend that they like very much, and promptly go online asking for recommendations for something similar. I've always found it best to simply buy more of the same, hence no disappointments.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I've heard Storm Front mentioned as a great burley blend. In my recent burley quest, I found that I really enjoy Lane Ready Rubbed. It's very burley forward, with no discernable topping. Another good one I tried is C&D Pegasus, which is a premium version of the classic American OTC burley blend.
After smoking through my two ounces of Ready Rubbed, I ordered a pound.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Storm Front fan here. You need to also try GLP Barbary Coast. SF is better IMO but judge for yerself. More distant cousins would be Pennington Gap and Redwood (though I think they both contain red VAs)

Status
Not open for further replies.