PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
Ok.. So I had a bit of a TAD bender and bought a bunch of new tinned tobacco. And that is awesome, but I opened some of the tins because I had to try them, and now I am stuck with a bunch of opened tobacco that I will not get to smoke until much later. (due to my sheer quantity I cannot smoke them all up for maybe...5 months)
So here is my questions: Is there a proper way to store, opened, tinned tobacco???

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Mason jars are good. I use a flour container that I got for 10 bucks at Target. I have the same problem, I get excited and open more than I can smoke. I would say the only proper way is one that will keep the tobacco at its current moisture content.
DSC00576.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Take a cast iron skillet and heat up to medium . Set the tin lid side down and it will soften the seal and seal it back up .I did not say cook it or stove it . :puffpipe:

asteroid1

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2011
It depends on the type of tins and humidity/temperature of where you store them. Kept in a draw at 15-20 celcius the round tins used for tobacco such as Orlik bullseye I have had keep tobacco fresh for up to 4 months. And the square tins used by Samuel gawith dry to dust in a few weeks. For square tins if I know they will be used for longer than a week I empty the contents into a glass coffee container and it will stay fresh for years

Status
Not open for further replies.