Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

Storient or Altinok Meerschaum?

(151 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Wait, is this the link to the guy in FL or directly to Baki in Turkey?

This guy's business address is on the front page of that link, so ya, I'd assume he's in Florida:

White Bowl Inc.
    423 River Isle Ct
    Longwood, FL 32779-3712

Also, IIRC, this guy hits all the pipe shows with a huge selection of meerschaums, so if not in a rush and you're planning to hit one or more pipe shows soon, that'd be the WTG, IMO.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

^ I answered my own question w a little more research. Carry on....

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

For the sake of fairness, I must report that I have heard from Yavuz at Storient.

He says, yes, he has had problems with his carvers, especially a fellow named Izzet in Eskisehir in Turkey. He told me that he has already paid for the pipes in production, that they should be arriving in a week and mine will be in that shipment. Izzet has said so.

I am willing to give Yavuz the benefit of my doubts. He has had other troubles, which I won't go into here, but I believe the man when he says "you will get the pipe you deserve."

Let's hope he doesn't prove me wrong.

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have to say, many of the baki pipes on the bestmeershaums site are absolutely stunning, with a price to match.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The meerschaum business seems shrouded in deception.

It seems like there are only a handful of reputable players and unfortunately those who are located in Turkey are still quite inconvenient to do business with as there are so many things that can go wrong...

I have only heard good things about Baki (from people in the know) but his pipes have not really interested me a great deal. There are a few I would like to have but they are out of my price range. The others don't really intrigue me...

Sadik Yanik seems to carve exceptional pipes but they are not cheap.

The reality is that meerschaum is a rare mineral and meerschaum carving is a dying art so you will not get a good pipe on the cheap unless you luck out on the estate market.

Too many substandard pipes are being sold today by amateurish carvers on eBay and the like...

A lot of the figurals being sold, for example, are laughable and even plain unadorned pipes are full of blemishes and structural flaws. Add in customer service and shipping woes and you've got a truly dismal situation on your hands.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tennsmoker, I really do hope you get your pipe, that would be great. Please keep us informed.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. jerry

jerry

Login to Send PM

If you know what to look for, and with a bit of luck, you can get a great meerschaum on EBay. One estate Baki recently sold for 68.70, an excellent pipe at a great price. Another unsmoked Baki went for 213.69 - fine pipe, OK price. In my opinion, CAO and SMS are hit or miss ... but often bargains. Pipes carved by Ismet Bekler, usually under the CAO or Golden Horn label, are often worth buying. Pipes advertised as Austrian carvings, Andreas Bauer and otherwise, might not be Austrian at all. Buying on EBay is pretty much a gamble ... you could hit the jackpot, or pretty much lose your investment. Best advice is to do your homework, learn about the pipes and the market, and ask the seller good questions. That increases your odds of success.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tennsmoker I hope it all works out well. As I have mentioned earlier in this thread you can find some very nice Meerschaum pipes on Ebay or through a pipe dealer who has estates for sale and is located in the States.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just an update on the LVC pipe I ordered from Altinok. It arrived today. Took about 10 days from the day I ordered it to get to Canada, so I was pretty happy with that. The pipe is very nice - precisely what I expected. The hole appears to be all the way down at the bottom of the bowl. It will pass a pipe cleaner, albeit with a twist of the pipe cleaner, but not bad given the bent of the pipe. The pipe came with a very nice case, along with a very nice personalized handwritten note from Sinan.

So all in all, from my little test, I can only report that I had a very positive experience with Altinok. FWIW.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Enjoy the pipe peckinpahombre! My experience with Altinook was pretty good for the most part, but it did take about a month to carve and then a couple weeks to ship, all noted when I made the original purchase. I can't complain about my Altinook or my Storient, both nice pipes. However, I've definitely seen the issues with both vendors that are being discussed in this thread.

My Baki pipe took about a week to get to my door from Florida. I believe Deniz, is that the right spelling, is the sole distributor of Baki's in the United States and so you are ordering directly from him. Of note, I've had several pipes that made me say "Wow" when I opened the shipping box. My Baki pipe made me say "HOLY $%&^!!!!!"

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. onepyrotec

onepyrotec

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My experience with Storient was very good and I am very happy with the product I received. That said, I was told by Yavuz in a private message that he is considering closing the Storient brand, I don't know if he still plans on keeping it or not, but I haven't spoken to him in some time so let your common sense guide you on whether or not to buy a pipe right now. Anything available from a US retailer will still be good to go, though.

When I was in the market for a new pipe, I went poking around for reviews...I found your videos Baron and noticed at least at the time Yavuz was a member/advertiser here. I took those as enough information to email Yavuz to make a purchase. Though I wasn't a member here, I still ordered the PM pipe w/3 minis. Had this thread been started a few weeks ago, I could have saved a lot of headaches & money.

When my order finally arrived, it was not what I expected. It showed up in a tyvek bag, the box was open, the PM pipe was rolling around and no minis were even sent. When the FedEx driver handed me the bag, I made him witness the opening of the bag and contents. When I contacted yavuz, he asked me to send pictures, which I did, then I never heard another word from him about it until I filed a PayPal dispute. Which I'll add, he insisted he didn't have to send the minis because they were gifts and I caused the damages myself. PayPal read ALL his emails I supplied them, and they are issuing a refund, and refunded most of my return shipping costs.

If Yavuz wouldn't be so childish, he would have found out that FedEx would have taken care of the damages and paid for reshipment. His childishness carries over to other sites/forums that he runs or has close ties with...I have been banned from those sites this last week. I myself, would never even purchase a Storient pipe from a U.S. retailer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So all in all, from my little test, I can only report that I had a very positive experience with Altinok. FWIW.
    Glad that worked out well for you. Enjoy the smoke.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

When my order finally arrived, it was not what I expected.
    When I contacted yavuz, he asked me to send pictures, which I did.
    I caused the damages myself.
    If Yavuz wouldn't be so childish.
    I myself, would never even purchase a Storient pipe from a U.S. retailer.

Wow, this sounds familiar!

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had a wonderful bowl of FVF in my CAO Egg In Claw Pipe. This a wonderful pipe and smokes like a dream. This is another brand of Meerschaum to think about, and it was not that pricey.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Hey Timely,How are you?

You and I were the first ones to go though this Storient nightmare last year, werent we?
    We tried to tell em, didnt we?

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have said my piece on my horror story with that seller, and I hope that others will see that they have other options out there for a Meerschaum Pipe. He is gone and me saying anymore of what happened to me here leaves not only a bad taste in my mouth it fills the room with negative energy.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

CAO Meerschaums are currently undervalued and great buys on the estate market. What are CAOs? These are meerschaum pipes that were purchased in bulk in Turkey, shipped to Nashville, and "improved upon" by Cano A. Ozgener = C.A.O.

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. onepyrotec

onepyrotec

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well that is finally over. Yavuz has been not accepting the delivery, so my delivery confirmation could never be finalized. With 3 days to go or they would find in his favor (for not returning the pipe) I wasted no time scanning and calling PayPal this afternoon. within 5 minutes of the call & emailing of files of shipping & customs labels, the money was placed back into my account.

Time for a bowl of some good tobacco

@ Timely, I just wish I had seen your posts from last year when I went poking around about Storient in the first place.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This whole topic still puzzles me. How hard can it be to charge well over $100 per item by providing enthusiasts who desperately want your item with good, or simply just acceptable, service?

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

He has been at this dirty game for a very long time, then he burns too many people on one forum so he moves on. He also has a history for using different names. Many other choices out there that don't require threats and intimidation from the seller. I hope no one else has to go through this nightmare, and hopefully this thread will help people.

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm still waiting on my Storient calabash ordered in December!

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This whole topic still puzzles me. How hard can it be to charge well over $100 per item by providing enthusiasts who desperately want your item with good, or simply just acceptable, service?
    It is puzzling. When I started this thread, I was seriously considering a Storient because he personally reached out to me. I am thankful for the people who have spoken up here, though I am sorry for all of their troubles. What's more strange to me is that he has time to troll for new customers but doesn't have the time to take care of his existing ones. A good business knows that if you take great care of your customers, they will be back WITHOUT having to sell to. All of Meer dealers should spend some time at Boswells so see how it's done.

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. onepyrotec

onepyrotec

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm still waiting on my Storient calabash ordered in December!

I can't urge you enough to call paypal even though you are over the 45 day period. As soon as the first person tell you there is nothing they can do, ask to speak with their supervisor. After a few transfers, I got someone who will listen...and they will see that you have been stretched out past the deadline to complain by false promises. They "can" open a case after the deadline if you show enough proof.

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very sad that so many people are having problems...

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. altinok

Sinan Altinok

Login to Send PM

Well, what can I say.. one bug is enough to get the whole tree down. I wish I could make everyone 100% happy as a businessman never intending to leave anybody unhappy behind.

-Sinan

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. meerschaumsteve

meerschaumsteve

Login to Send PM

It saddens me to read this thread. A meerschaum pipe is something to cherish, and having your order turned into a nightmare.. just awful.

I wanted to let the others here know, that I purchased two new meerschaums from MeerschaumMarket on eBay. They were both sent promptly, and exactly as pictured, no games. The first pipe arrived from Turkey to Arkansas in a mere 2 days! The second took 4 days, because I ordered it on Friday, I got it on Tuesday. They were sent by DHL carrier. I bought a Baglan claw, and a Kudret volcano.

I know there are some bad dealers out there, but at least so far for me, this one has been excellent.

http://stores.ebay.com/meerschaummarket

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for posting that meerschaumsteve. I started this thread because I wanted to buy a special Claw Pipe but this thread has scared me to death. I've probably purchased about 6 pipes just since this thread was started and no meerschaum has gotten 1 dime from the considerable amount of cash I've outlaid. I still want one but i'm super cautious at this point.

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, what can I say.. one bug is enough to get the whole tree down. I wish I could make everyone 100% happy as a businessman never intending to leave anybody unhappy behind.
    Just went back to the website. Those Meers are quite beautiful. Nervous though....

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Z:

You best read carefully Storient's web site. He no longer goes through PayPal, but says if you want to purchase one of his pipes through PP, you have to go to a retail outlet for that.

Try finding a retailer with one of his pipes. Smokingpipes.com has one (1) on its site.

I would be very, very cautious about buying anything from Storient.

I can tell you that I will never, ever purchase another thing from him.

It is March 13, 2013. He took my money Dec. 21, 2012. I am still waiting on the pipe or the return of my money.

And, yes, I have had two phone conversations with PayPal about this, in addition to several emails.

It ain't over, but I still don't have any satisfaction and am very bitter about all of this. All I did was order a pipe in good faith, as all of us do.

You best be very careful out there. I don't like "bugs."

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just went back to the website. Those Meers are quite beautiful. Nervous though....

As I noted above, my experience with Altinok was more than satisfactory. The pipe took time to carve and ship, but this was all spelled out in advance and I received a nice pipe. Personally, he is still on my okay list, but other's may have had different experiences. I would, without hesitation, order another Baki pipe. Storient? Well, I got my pipe, lots of delays and promises of shipping next week and then extra gifts, which I certainly didn't ask for, were promised, but, never arrived. I got my pipe, it's nice, with time I've noticed small things about it, in particular carving gouges where the heel meets the shank, that make me realize it isn't up to the standard of my Altinok or Baki.

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well Tenns... I would not purchase a Storient under any circumstance due to your experience. I would have a hard time rewarding a company that treats its customers this way. I'm still looking at Baki and Altinok though. There is a Claw out there for me.... somewhere.

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Paypal is probably tired of all the complaints they are getting from people who want their money back. Never trust him, do not buy from him, and his stories about the length of time it takes to get a shipment from Turkey is nonsense. I had 2 parcels come from Greece that took maybe 10 days to get to me. The address he had me send my pipe in for repairs in Turkey does not exist. That is why my package was mailed back to me after quite a wait as unclaimed!!! He will stretch problems out as long as he can so it exceeds time limits for complaints with whoever. He has been at this for a long time and plays the game well, some people get their pipes right away so they praise him and his service. Then others see this and think wow a great guy with great meerschaum pipes and they than make orders, and alot of them just from here on this forum. Many people went through hell with this guy and the people who believed him made it hell for the ones who were being dinked around. He has been banned from every forum I know of, and the word is finally getting out to stay away from him and the people he has working for him. I feel bad that other people had to go through the same hell that this person put me through, but if anything good can come out of this it should be stay away from him and the people he has working for him. Ebay, and BriarBid have Meerschaum pipes along with stores that sell estate pipes, and there are alot to choose from. Keeping this thread alive and active is a good thing as new members are always signing up and might not know of this nightmare called Storeint. This should be made into a sticky, and I also believe that it is a good thing to let fellow pipe smokers know of bad sellers and/or bad products. I so wish that someone warned me, I would have appreciated the advice. The pipe smoking community should help out other people in similar bad situations with the many here and else where with their knowledge of bad sellers and bad products. There is no place to go and find out about bad sellers and bad products like the Better Business Bureau, we have to police ourselves in a way. So buy elsewhere and you will be pleased and actually have time to smoke your meerschaum pipe instead of spending the time trying to get your money back.

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I bought a claw from Altinok last fall. I am very pleased with it. The carving is beautiful and there are no flaws that I can detect. I am looking forward to watching it color over the years.

It did take a few weeks longer to deliver than I had anticipated, but the wait was worth it. (I didn't consider the month of Ramadan, and I am glad they postponed it so it wasn't being carved by someone who was struggling with a month of fasting.)

I'm always amazed that people can brag about how patient pipe smokers are when we seem to expect orders for pipes or tobacco to arrive like fast food. I think even a five year old would be amazed at our impatience as we wait for the mailman to arrive and track our orders online. Perhaps we have a lot to learn.

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is the reason I've been searching eBay for my Lee Van Cleef style smooth bent billiard. Sorient sent me a PM a while back when the LVC pipe was announced. He even offered it at a reduced price. I politely declined as I want to color one myself. I'm thankful I did.

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Philip that claw is completely beautiful

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 1 year ago #
  36. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The pipe smoking community should help out other people in similar bad situations with the many here and else where with their knowledge of bad sellers and bad products.
    That's the beauty of the internet and forums like this. Had it not been for this forum, I think many people would get sucked into to bad businesses. It has saved me the headache.

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Philip - I wish you had that on Weds and I ran into you. I'd love to see this. Can you please bring in next PIpe Club Meeting?

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I agree with Timely...this should be made into a sticky!

Hey Storient...I know your reading all this. This is sutallee, remember me from last year? I was the first one that tried to blow the whistle on your sorry business practice and the terrible quality of your your pipes.

Yes, this is sutalle, the one you kept threatening to sue in your emails to me because, you sent me a scratched pipe that I waited months for. Because I never recieved the second pipe I ordered from you that I waited months for.

You convinced everyone back then and had everone here so brainwasher on how great you were and how sorry I was because I dared question the great Yuvas.

To bad this forum didnt listen to me back then...they are paying for it now.

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Altinok, remember saying this to one of your customers.

" I think you are a little greedy kid to play in a big garden where the kids not allowed to enter. I hope you are older than 18. Because you are smoking."

Real classy move. The guy had to dispute the charge with his credit card company because you ignored him. If anyone wants to read how he talks to his customers and his business ethics it is right here.

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/general-pipe-forum/305936-terrible-experience-altinok-pipes.html

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Philip..beautiful

Posted 1 year ago #
  41. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have had major problems with both vendors. Quality and shipping problems. I won't mention which, but one of the two is a compulsive liar, and the other one just does not give a darn what he sends out. Wisdom based on experience says buy the pipe from a dealer you can trust, such as smokingpipes, and who will accept a return if you get a bad one. And check it out thoroughly, especially the tenon and the draw, before you use it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Quality and shipping problems. I won't mention which, but one of the two is a compulsive liar, and the other one just does not give a darn what he sends out.

Hmmmmmm, sounds like Storient to me!

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. altinok

Sinan Altinok

Login to Send PM

Altinok, remember saying this to one of your customers.

I agree with you sir. I should have been prepared to take up the challenge without trying to defend my business reputation that was built up in many years, even though the gentleman in question was not so polite and constructive in his emails and post in there. Otherwise, I would very much like to fix ANY problem with him like I did for others many times. I am so sad anyway.

You can call me Sinan, if you like.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. radio807

radio807

Login to Send PM

I noted in another thread that I had ordered a pipe from Altinok around Christmas time that took three weeks to arrive. In my post I noted that I had no problem with the pipe (it was beautiful) or the wait, but instead I had heartburn over the lack of usable tracking information from both the Turkish and US post offices. My query to Altinok about delivery was answered almost immediately, and it was quite polite. From my personal experience I may think twice about ordering from offshore again only because if a shipment did indeed get off track it could take forever to get a claim filed and settled. Of course I could always have it shipped UPS for more than the cost of the pipe itself...

Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  45. altinok

Sinan Altinok

Login to Send PM

Shipping with UPS costs $45 for one pipe and $65 for two pipes with us. This was the best rates I could achieve from the local UPS here. It is very fast and realtime trackable. Delivery to the States takes only 2 or 3 days.

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Humm.. I just read the post at the other site. What's most troubling was that the pipe received was not the one in the picture. I realize I am a noob and only have about 22 pipes but I have never once purchased a pipe from a website that wasn't the actual pipe that would be mine. Is this a common practice in the Meerschaum business or just the business practices of Altinok and others?

P.S. I was sad to read the interaction between the two parties. Very unprofessional and troubling.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I realize people are tired of hearing/reading this, but I think it serves a needed purpose to weed out the bad actors in this business.

Storient has had my money for a calabash meer since Dec. 21. He has neither sent me the pipe, nor has he returned my money to PayPal, which he implies he has done.

As of this writing, no money has been returned to my account, if indeed he has returned my money.

I will never, ever do business with him or any other foreign pipe maker again, unless it is through a reputable retail dealer.

This is the worst experience in the 40-plus years I have been a pipe smoker. I am honestly bitter that someone would take my hard-earned money for a pipe and not produce the product for what is approaching three months now.

Anyone ordering from Storient, needs their head examined.

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tennsmoker, you now understand how some of use feel about this ripoff artist and how he treats people behind the scenes and in public. The anger that some of us have is justified, I still have a file of his e-mails to me at my home that are mind blowing nasty. I hope he just goes away. Keep this up for any new people, this is important info that could keep someone from going through the same nightmare that many of us have gone through.

Posted 1 year ago #
  49. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have been following this thread as well, still makes my stomach ache hearing this. I kept my cool with Yavuz and never layed blame. I thank God my pipe was stateside when I tracked it down with the help of the person who received it in error and kept it until either Yavuz did something.(he did not). I was able to intervene and have it shipped to me from her. Without her assistance I would have been like tennsmoker and out my hardearned money. That poor lady had also had issues with the pipe she ordered as well.
    I am loving my LVC and it is coloring nicely.

Jason
    Posted 1 year ago #
  50. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tennsmoker, how much in total are you out for the pipe? If we get a few guys together we can buy you one to make you whole. I will throw in 30.00 towards that goal and you can pick out a pipe from one of our sponsors that you like.

I really hate seeing a fellow brother of the leaf get burned like this, and I do feel a bit guilty because I knew as early as late August what kind of maggot Storient was. I was too new here to go after him like I would have if I had been here longer. A friend of mine had horrible dealings with him and luckily got his money back because Storient was still concerned about his reputation.

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If I had access to a compound over which I had a legal monopoly, and die hard enthusiasts as my customer base, I bet you I could figure out a way to run a sustainable, honest business.

In fact, I run a sustainable honest business without the benefit of a monopoly on the raw material. Go figure.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If we get a few guys together we can buy you one to make you whole. I will throw in 30.00 towards that goal and you can pick out a pipe from one of our sponsors that you like.
    Thats a great idea cigmaster. I'd be in for $30 as well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You guys are the best. I am just overwhelmed that Harris and Z have offered to do this. But, I must respectfully decline. I just could not bring myself to let my fellow brothers of the briar do something like that for me.

It is such a touching gesture. I am just really very moved by this offer.

But, I will continue to seek justice from Storient. My several notifications to PayPay have paid off to a degree. PayPal has now agreed to open my claim, thankfully. I just found this out that my claim is up front with them, despite the fact that Storient led me past hte 45-day limit for PayPal's claims department.

Let's see what happens now. Though he says he has returned my money, PayPal has not notified me of that as late as Friday afternoon or Saturday.

You guys are just the best.

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tenn, that is great news. I also had Peck committed to chipping in so between me and zonomo and Peck, we would get you pretty close. If for some reason paypal does not come through, please consider our offer.

zonomo, way to step up and thanks, very cool.

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. onepyrotec

onepyrotec

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Tennsmoker, not sure if you saw the post I made to this thread two weeks ago about calling PayPal. Once "MY" issues were cleared up, I also explained there were others who were past the deadline of filing complaints with Storient. PayPal told me they would use my case as pattern history for cases such as yours where you were stretched out by lies to extend past the deadline for filing complaints.

Send any email to PayPal where Yavuz says he refunded & closed the case. His PayPal account has been closed so I'd have to guess that is another lie...although I truly hope it is not.

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

FWIW I received my Storient with no issues other than, like mentioned often here, it took longer than I originally expected. I had read a few posts of others waiting at the same time so I stayed patient during the process, as it was when a lot of us here ordered the PM2012 all at the same time.

Seeing these stories really makes me think I lucked out in the end, and I'm thankful for that. I should note that I only had a few emails back and forth with Yavuz and they were cordial. I hope those of you who are still waiting for restitution get it sorted out ASAP. I'll be ordering any future meers myself from North American suppliers from now on, to state the obvious...

Matt.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  57. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Harris, onepryotec, ghost:

I am really just happy to be part of this great online community. You guys are really something and I want all of you to know how very much I appreciate being a part of this group. You are true brothers of the briar.

To oneprytec: I am positive your case made a difference with PayPal. Almost like Storient, they gave me the hard line that I was out beyond the 45 days. Then after reading your post, I insisted that I talk to a supervisor. She at first said the same thing. I asked her to look up the date on my first complaint. It was just a few days beyond the 45, so she opened the case. Thank goodness.

I am so thankful for your information. If I get my money back, your informative post will be a major part of the reason why, as well as some of the others who have provided information here.

IMO you simply cannot find this kind of knowledge, experience, know-how and support for pipes and tobacco anywhere else, other than right here.

I want to thank all of you, especially Harris, Z, Peck and others who said they were willing to chip in for me. That is just so generous.

And to alert others out there who are thinking of purchasing a meer: Do like ghost says. Stay with a reputable U.S. pipes and tobacco retailer. I have also heard from Sinan Altinok, who filled me in a little more about Storient.

I won't go into that, but it's worth noting that Storient's associates are also very wary.

Thanks again, guys. As I said before, you are the best!

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think you did luck out a bit ghost. Im sure there are 000's of satisfied customers but probably dozens of dis sat. In either case, this thread had made me ultra cautious.

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

And thanks to you, too, Zonomo. You are very kind and thoughtful and I want you to know as I 've said to the rest, how much I appreciate your kind, generous offer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  60. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I realize people are tired of hearing/reading this, but I think it serves a needed purpose to weed out the bad actors in this business.

Storient has had my money for a calabash meer since Dec. 21. He has neither sent me the pipe, nor has he returned my money to PayPal, which he implies he has done.

As of this writing, no money has been returned to my account, if indeed he has returned my money.

People arent tired of hearing about him. Storient is a LIAR, THIEF AND A CROOK and he makes a low quality pipe.

What I want to know is...where is topD? I remember clearly how went out of his way to attack me when I was telling my nightmare experience last year with this Liar, Thief and low quality pipe maker...Storient.
    Remember attacking me topD? Where are you now? Why are you not speaking??

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

People make mistakes on who to trust. That is what POS like Storient does. Befriends a respected member to convince others. Your argument is not with anyone but that lowlife.

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  62. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

People make mistakes on who to trust. That is what POS like Storient does. Befriends a respected member to convince others. Your argument is not with anyone but that lowlife.

Aparently you dont recall the nasty things he said to me!

Posted 1 year ago #
  63. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dervis is completely right here. Blaming someone who put trust in someone who was a sponsor of the site and was continuously lauded here is just plain wrong. We all make mistakes - if we didn't, they wouldn't put erasers on pencils. I consider myself a fairly savvy guy, but I learned my lessons to get there - screwed up many times and made the wrong decisions many times. and will undoubtedly make them in the future. No crime in that. Just because Storient is not around, let's not look for other targets - targets whose only crime was trusting people.

Posted 1 year ago #
  64. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

At 19 posts I imagine it will be easy to find. I will review but I doubt a few words on the internet will sway me or make a dramatic impact. I humbly suggest you look at it the same.

Posted 1 year ago #
  65. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Dervis is completely right here. Blaming someone who put trust in someone who was a sponsor of the site and was continuously lauded here is just plain wrong. We all make mistakes - if we didn't, they wouldn't put erasers on pencils. I consider myself a fairly savvy guy, but I learned my lessons to get there - screwed up many times and made the wrong decisions many times. and will undoubtedly make them in the future. No crime in that. Just because Storient is not around, let's not look for other targets - targets whose only crime was trusting people.

Im not blaming anyone else for anything...was just wondering why he isnt chimming in now. He was extremely vocal on this matter a year ago! Cat got his tongue now?

Posted 1 year ago #
  66. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

OK I was polite twice that is 2 more times than usual. Hope you get what you are looking for.

Posted 1 year ago #
  67. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Okay Sweetwater, We get the point that you were the first to out Storient
    Cat's outta the bag no-one cares who let it out.
    Also there is no reason to start picking fights with anyone at this juncture Storient is no longer a member here and therefore cannot respond to your accusations (not saying they are not valid just saying)
    Trying to attack other members for something a year after the fact, is nothing but a really good way to devolve a thread into the [closed/deleted] territory.
    It seems that you are still quite full of anger from that incident. I'm not saying it's right or wrong to feel anger but, I would recommend that you step away from the keyboard, pack a nice bowl, light it up, and relax. Expressing anger in the manner you've been expressing it, is coming off a bit internet trollish. We're all here to enjoy a hobby and help each other out. Picking Fights and lashing out isn't accomplishing either of those goals and reflects poorly on the person doing it.

The true measure of a mans worth is how he chooses to chance his mortality
    Junior Member of the Black Bloods
    Posted 1 year ago #
  68. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey I know: let's start attacking each other.

Posted 1 year ago #
  69. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

As I recall, people got banned for reasons other than dissing Storient. I suggest some thought be given to that, as well as those other reasons, to thus avoid being banned a second time for those same reasons.

Posted 1 year ago #
  70. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

was just wondering why he isnt chimming in now

He isn't commenting, because he doesn't post much on the forums now

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sidious, apatim, yabo71, cobguy, lockjaw, buzkirk, numbersix, easterntraveler, plateauguy, peckinpahhombre, condorlover1, davidintexas, jimburg77, allan, rwramsey, elliott, jfox520, uberam3rica, patiobum, purplemotoman, agnosticpipe, kanaka95, metarzan, carytobacco, conlejm, dmcmtk, tombraider, mmjk, dottiewarden, northernneil, msandoval858, dorsetpiper