Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

Storient or Altinok Meerschaum?

(151 posts)
  1. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looking for a "nice Meer", wanting a claw. I know Storient makes some nice pipes but I also ran across Altinok Meerschaum Pipes and have been very impressed. I like their designs a little bit better. Does anyone have any direct experience with Altinok Meerschaum's?

http://altinokmeerschaumpipes.com/

http://meerschaumpipe.us/

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Personally, for the least drama and probably the nicest pipe, I'd go with Baki.

Baki Meerschaum

I have a Storient and an Altinook, they're fine pipes, but you will be waiting a while and need to be ready to deal with little communication as to the status of your pipe and shipment.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@Brewshooter: Great tip. Customer Service is critically important to me. I ordered a Chruchwarden pipe 1/28 from McQueen Pipes in Canada and haven't heard a peep out of them other than the order confirm. Drives me crazy.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, those Baki's are gorgeous... huummm....

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

From personal experience you better stay away from Storient.
    You will wait months not knowing if it will arive. If you order more than 1 you might not get them both and there is a good chance that if and when you recieve it, it will be damaged. And...when you inform Storient that your pipe arived damaged, like mine did, he will acuse you of damaging it yourself and threaten to sue you...like he did me.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a Storient. I would buy one from a domestic vendor if you find one you like. That is all.

Jason
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck on the McQueen pipe, they are also notoriously slow and uncommunicative. Also, don't be put off by the wonky website for the Baki pipes. Dennis, the US representative and the guy who will ship your pipe, seems to be a stand-up guy. I met him at the West Coast Pipe show briefly and let him know how much I love my Baki pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

I ordered a Chruchwarden pipe 1/28 from McQueen Pipes in Canada and haven't heard a peep out of them other than the order confirm. Drives me crazy.

I've heard of people waiting 7 months for a MacQueen before.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I ordered a Chruchwarden pipe 1/28 from McQueen Pipes in Canada and haven't heard a peep out of them other than the order confirm. Drives me crazy.

Man, I wouldn't order a MacQueen myself even with someone else's money. Anyway, good luck with that.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Man, I wouldn't order a MacQueen myself even with someone else's money. Anyway, good luck with that.

I wouldn't buy one from them directly.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After reading the horror stories about both Storient and Altinok I would never do business with either. I have only heard good things about Baki so I would look at them.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. jerry

jerry

Login to Send PM

I've had excellent experiences with Altinok and with Deniz who sells Mr. Baki's pipes.

If you can afford it, go with Baki. Truly superior Meerschaums.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

If looking for a great meer and plan to attend a pipe show, you'll likely find more than a few top vendors there and a plethora of choices. Plus there's a ton of knowledgeable people around to help with your decision. I think one can save a lot of grief that way.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogglor

Login to Send PM

I have to say, I *love* my SMS Meer that I got recently. The thing smokes like a dream. It practically smokes itself. It's also a claw - you probably can find my thread on it with pictures from last week. I did a round of research on Storient, Baki, Altinok, SMS, etc. before purchasing and found that SMS met my price/quality point nicely and I've been very happy with the pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

htmn246

Login to Send PM

I have 3 SMS mers and each is well worth the money and they smoke like a dream.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll try to find your thread bog.

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I ordered a Storient in December. I got a confirmation right away that it had been paid for, which made me feel good about the deal. Then a month went by. Nothing. I sent an email to Yavuz Korpefiliz. Didn't hear anything, then I threatened to go to PayPal and get my money back. That drew a response. He said he'd get the pipe right to me. Another month. Nothing. Then after an exchange of emails he said he'd had trouble with USPS. Another couple of weeks. An exchange of emails. He then said he'd had trouble with one of his pipe makers. My last email he said to wait, that it would be worth the wait. Oh, he did offer to send me another pipe, which I did not want, since it neither matched what I was looking for, nor the style. I'm still waiting.

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  18. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

wow, i am glad i started this thread because Storient was my 1st choice, now it's third. I dont put with bad customer service. I am leaning towards the Baki. There isn't one I totally love yet so I'll hang tight. I think.

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Storeint can get very nasty in his e-mails. The other choices for a meerschaum pipe are the way to go.

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Neither.

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. rigmedic1

rigmedic1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like my Storient PM 2012 pipe. Can't comment as to the service, as I received mine in a reasonable time without any drama. The pipe itself is really good, and well constructed. Personally, I think going through PipesandCigars.com, Smokingpipes.com, PaylessPipes, etc... may be a safer way to go about getting your meer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tennsmoker, you should definitely contact paypal and get your money back. I believe that Storient will be out of business very soon and if you do not contact paypal now you will get burned.

I totally forgot about SMS, I do have one of those. The pipe is very well made, but the stem is maybe the most uncomfortable I have ever put in my mouth. It is practically round and useless for clenching. If you do look at SMS make sure you test the stem before buying.

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogglor

Login to Send PM

Heh, different strokes - I actually like the bit of roundness on that stem. It's one of my best jaw hangers. Well, we all have different teeth and mouth structures so stem choices and comfort are definitely going to be highly personal.

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Different strokes -- but a stem is not a big deal, any stem that is a PITA for the puffer can be easily replaced with a stem that suits.

I've done this twice, works slicker than snot. Just don't forget to put the original stem in a safe place in case you want to sell it at some point.

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

cigrmaster. Thanks for the advice. I'm contacting PayPayl today. I have waited long enough, and Storient has been using my money for three months now. Long enough.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

cigrmaster sound advice, and I am glad that you are going to get your money back tennsmoker

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cigrmaster. I took your advice and sent PayPal a "dispute resolution" request. Got back a note saying that "unfortunately" this was not the kind of dispute they could resolve and suggested I contact the sellter. Huh? That's what I've been doing for the past three months.

So, I checked out Storient website. It has changed since I last visited. And the pipe I ordered back in December has gone up in price, a little over $30 bucks. That might explain why my pipe hasn't arrived, and may not.

I told PayPal I wanted my money back. We'll see what happens.

As Yogi said, it ain't over until it's over.

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really want one of those cool LVC pipes, since I'm a big fan of the movie. I was going to order from Storient, but with all the bad publicity surrounding him on here I decided I wouldn't go this route. The only other option was Altinok, and indeed, there was also a bit of bad publicity about them on here as well. But, I figured, what the hell, and I placed an order for the LVC pipe from Altinok. I figured it would be a bit of an experiment, if nothing else, in that I would report my experience on here. Well, so far I can tell you my experience has been pretty good. Within 48 hours ordering the pipe I received a very friendly e-mail indicating it had been shipped and was on its way. Shipping takes a bit of time (I'm in Canada), so we will see what happens. I did pay via paypal by the way. I will report back as to how all of this unfolds.

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey tennsmoker - you have to file the complaint within 45 days of paying. Were you in that window?

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

tennsmoker, if you used a credit card to purchase your Storient Meer through PayPal, all you have to do is contact your credit it card company and dispute the charge and do a charge back and be done with him. Don't even fool with PayPal. All you have to do is explain the situation to your credit card co. That's what I did last year.

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What I don't get about these knucklehead Turkish merchants is this: high demand for your product, it can only be made in your country, people go on your website and happily pay you to sell them your product -- how do you mess that up? I mean, how hard is this really? Am I missing something?

And then these guys have the audacity to go in forums and leave juvenile nasty posts and send ridiculous insulting emails.

I need to go into the Meerschaum pipe business. I will happily provide y'all with world-class service in exchange for your dollars.

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. User has not uploaded an avatar

reap

Login to Send PM

4noggins carries some Storient's, so you'll get it quick

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't buy a Storient from anywhere. Why support someone who treats his customers like he does.

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. rockrat

rockrat

Login to Send PM

I ordered a LVC styled pipe back in August of last year. Waited over 2 months. When I did get it, it had a much straighter stem than what was pictured. Sorry, not even close. Now, I am not a hard guy to please, really, but after all the wait, I did expect what I ordered! I kept it, did not want to deal with Storient any more. I just did not want to play any more games. I was not splitting hairs over the shape, but this thing was not even close to the right shape! It was what I guess would be called a half bend maybe? No where near the actual bend of the Van Cleef design, which I believe is a full, or three quarter bend. Point is, the stem and bit was not blended smooth, and most of all, not properly shaped. I don't like bitching, or splitting hairs about stuff...just give me what I paid for, what I was lead to believe I paid for. No more Storient for me guys...sorry!
    BTW, I still want a LVC pipe....maybe I will try Altinok. Keep your experiences coming.

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sadly, there are as many tales about Altinok as there are about Storient. He even participates, in a juvenile and insulting manner, in a similar thread over at a different forum.

Posted 1 year ago #
  36. rockrat

rockrat

Login to Send PM

Well...I will have to keep hunting for one. I am just not dealing with poor service, bad products or pissy e-mails. I'm not looking for a problem with anyone...just a new pipe! I'll just have to keep my eye out. Eventually these businesses will/may get the point. Oh well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, here's the deal. I've heard from PayPal. It's lame. They have told me to file a response and then set up a claim. I tried the claim businesses, but a message said that unfortunately PayPal couldn't handle it. It was then I noticed the "45" day business. It is too bad that I failed to handle this transaction via credit card, as was mentioned by Sweetwater. I should have gone to 4Noggins as Reap pointed out.

But, you know, I was looking at Storient's website. I saw this beautiful calabash. It was love at first sight. I had to have it as a Christmas gift to myself (my only Christmas gift, but the way. The wife got a very small gift from me, and that was all that we did this year, preferring to spend money on the kids and grandkids, rather than each other. I had put away a little rainy day fund, which I was going to use after Christmas on a TAD or a PAD, and that is how I funded the Storient meer).

Part of the reason I was outside the "45" day window is because I was emailing Storient and being told to be patient, that he was having trouble with his carver or that he was having trouble with postage agencies, etc., etc. He needed seven days more. Then it was 10 days more.

I went to his website last night. On there it says to be ready for at least a 30-day wait, then maybe 7 more days, or it could go to 10 more days.

All this added up to about 58 days in my case. So, I suppose PayPal is not going to help me. I have to count on Storient, but I don't have a lot of faith in him at this stage of the game.

This is no way to treat pipesmokers who put a great deal of faith in the talented carvers and tobacco manufacturers of our wonderful hobby. I even emailed Storient telling him that I have one of his Eagle Claw pipes, which I love. It is an excellent meerschaum, though it arrived with a nick or two. I love smoking it and said to myself the "nicks" give the pipe character.

Having purchased a Storient before, I had "history" with his company and his carvers. I expected the same sort of treatment as I received with the Eagle Claw. I was willing to overlook the "nicks" and get one of his excellent looking calabash meers. I am fond of meers and thought this would be a fine addition to my small, but growing collection of meers.

I am a retired journalist (print, not TV, so don't hold that against me). I still freelance a bit, but all in all I am existing on a fixed income, which leaves little room for financial errors, as this one now appears to be.

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

On Ebay you can find some Meerschaum pipes, also look at some Pipe Stores that deal with estate pipes. Storeints excuses for the shipping time is garbage, I had 2 packages from Greece that took 5 days to get to me in Canada, shipping cost for these were $9.00 USD each. Get in touch with your Credit Card company as others have mentioned, then get yourself a Meerschaum pipe from someone in the U.S. that has it in stock, new or as an estate. I have bought an CAO Egg In Claw Meerschaum pipe from a pipe seller. The pipe I bought cost $49.99 and is a beautiful estate pipe with no hassle, no nasty e-mails, etc.

Posted 1 year ago #
  39. ohin3

ohin3

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What I don't get about these knucklehead Turkish merchants is this: high demand for your product, it can only be made in your country, people go on your website and happily pay you to sell them your product -- how do you mess that up? I mean, how hard is this really? Am I missing something?

Yeah you are missing the fact that this sounds very much like a guy who may have good carvers and a good product but has no idea how to run a business. If I was to venture a guess I would say that he owes money to his suppliers, money to his carvers and money to his shippers and is waiting for money to come in before he can afford to make and ship your pipes. So many business owners out there that have no idea how to manage money and take all kinds of orders without thinking about covering the costs of filling those orders. you can only get so big so fast.

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ohin3 you have hit the nail on the head.

Posted 1 year ago #
  41. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree with Ohin3 and Timely.

I believe Storient overloaded his orders and then had trouble producing. In the meantime, innocent pipesmokers like me, all too often very trusting souls (though I know better and if my newsman brain had been at work I never would have been this gullible) get stung.

I will know better next time, if there is a next time.

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

On Ebay you can find some Meerschaum pipes

There are a few meer dealers on ebay that have been suggested, though I can't remember their names. YOu can also find some really good deals on there. I got an awesome antique meer for only $40. It's in great condition.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tennsmoker, very sorry to hear that paypal will do nothing for you that is not right. I would call them and ask to speak to a supervisor and have all the emails showing that Storient asked you to wait. Maybe you can get a hold of someone who understands that not everything is black and white and that the 45 day rule should be used as a guideline. I don't know what state you live in but it may be worth your while to look into small claims court and go after paypal. It will be a hell of lot cheaper for them to give you back your money than do deal with you in small claims. If the filing fee is short money, I would think about it.

I think it is now very clear from all the horror stories that Storient is a complete scumbag and people should never buy his product no matter who is selling it. Why support a guy who treats customers like this.

Posted 1 year ago #
  44. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Haven't we seen Storient post some notes on this forum? Is he reading these messages?

Man, I've got to tell you. If I had messages like these, I'd be off my ass getting this thing resolved. Right now, I don't think anyone in their right mind would order anything from him.

Allan

Allan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  45. timely

timely

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

he has been banned from this site and many other pipe forums

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You know, being a geezer pipesmoker, I really do appreciate the support I have gotten from this forum.

You guys are tops in my book. I just wish I had done more looking into Storient before I purchased one of his pipes.

But, getting the support from guys is helping.

Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Tenn, please don't beat yourself up over it.

It wasn't that long ago that a lot of puffers on PM Forums loved Yavuz and Storient was the darling of this site (last I checked, more than 100 of the PM2012 pipe were sold here, along with dozens of other Storient pipes). Many of us (including me) did indeed defend the guy. So it's little wonder you would cut Vavuz so much slack and then, before you knew it, the 45 days (knowing nothing about such a time limit) had passed.

Such a sad situation.

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Haven't we seen Storient post some notes on this forum? Is he reading these messages?

I believe his response to the threads concerning his customer service "issues" were a factor in his no longer being able to access the site. He has proven to be juvenile with his forum thread responses at the best of times.
    If I recall Kevin made some mention of his responses(off forum via e-mail) becoming belligerent and even threatening towards both Kevin and the mods. Although I believe that tangent of the discussion may have been what closed an otherwise informative thread. I would recommend that as the gentlemen that we pipe smokers strive to be, we keep the horror stories(which by this point are basically beating a long decomposed horse) to a minimum and strive to aid Zonomo or others looking to purchase a new meerschaum pipe by providing links and information to sellers and merchants with which we have personal experience, preferably expounding the quality of the workmanship and the customer service.

The true measure of a mans worth is how he chooses to chance his mortality
    Junior Member of the Black Bloods
    Posted 1 year ago #
  49. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+1 Josh!

Posted 1 year ago #
  50. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

You know, being a geezer pipesmoker, I really do appreciate the support I have gotten from this forum.

You guys are tops in my book. I just wish I had done more looking into Storient before I purchased one of his pipes.

But, getting the support from guys is helping.

Thanks.

I'm glad to see you getting support too. I was the first one last year that complained on here about the long wait, abusive emails and the scratched pipe I finally recieved that only a blind man could miss. I was talked to like a liar and how dare you complain about this god they called Yuvaz.
    Next thing I knew my account here said Anonymous, unregistered and all my posts were gone.

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. ohin3

ohin3

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I understand joshwolftree's point that we have strayed from the original reason for the post which was to ask our experience with Alinok pipes. But I also think that such poor performance from a vendor should be mentioned. A separate thread perhaps stating the poor customer service you recieved from storient and asking if any others have had similar experiences. I never did buy a pipe from the guy because after just a few facebook conversations he seemed like an ass and I just couldn't bring myself to smoke one of his pipes. Seems my instincts were good on this one.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Actually, My point specifically was that in the last month or three I have seen many threads closed/deleted concerning one or the other of our two above mentioned turkish vendors and the entirely unacceptable level of customer service they have presented. And while I understand that emotions concerning poor customer service run high and should not be ignored, at this point, the point has been entirely and utterly made, and beaten into the ground, then dug up, tied to a stake, lit on fire,urinated on,revived,forced to smoke a hookah loaded with feces,and then stabbed repeatedly, and beaten into the ground again.

What would be most useful at this point is a list of reputable vendors of Meerschaum pipes for people looking to get a new one. After all the only mention I've heard of vendors of meesrchaum are Storient(I know his customer service sucks) Altinok(not much better) or Baki(not too many complaints here). All the others are stateside vendors carrying one of these three. I would like to know if there are other options out there and perhaps what they are?

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

the point has been entirely and utterly made, and beaten into the ground

I totally agree, but the fact remains is there are new puffers just into the hobby and joining this site every day who are likely not aware of the horror stories regarding such overseas vendors.

Worse, if we had done a better job, we'd have figured out that while Sorient pipes are very good, Yavuz's ethics and way of doing business is less so.

Look, Cano Aret Ozgener made a fortune turning medicore meerschaum pipes into stellar examples and treasures meerschuam lovers own and hold dear. His initials (C.A.O.) spells and defines what a fine meerschaum is. Today, anyone can find a CAO meerschaum on the estate market and obtain what is arguably the best dam meerschaum pipe anyone could hope for.

But the fact is, few know this. Certainly not someone new to the hobby looking for a good Meer. And I fault this forum, including myself, for not seeing through the B.S. and calling out what we should have known to be something to stay away from.

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't buy a Storient from anywhere. Why support someone who treats his customers like he does.
    Me either after reading this. When I first joined the forum and asked about Meers in general, he sent me a PM and I was grateful for that.

but the fact remains is there are new puffers just into the hobby and joining this site every day who are likely not aware of the horror stories regarding such overseas vendors.
    I am one of them and would have assumed good service like any other vendor selling a high demand product.

After reading this thread (every single post), I am very glad I started it because I think it has truly saved a lot of puffers a lot of aggravation. I feel super bad for tennsmoker but really glad he posted his story here. I really hope it gets resolved. I bet there are 000's of tennsmoker's out there unfortunately.

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. billinsfl

billinsfl

Login to Send PM

I ordered pipes from Aznavur pipes several times, direct from Turkey: great pipes, excellent prices and had them in 10 days, shipped from Turkey. I think they may no longer be in business, though.

I have also purchased several pipes directly from Sadik Yanik, also shipped directly from Turkey. A master carver he is, far above and beyond what most today are doing. His prices are extremely reasonable for what you get, too. Migyht want to give him a try when you are in the market for a really fine "trophy" meerschaum pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. lazybugger

lazybugger

Login to Send PM

Yeah I have only heard good things about Yanik pipes ... friend here ordered ome ... he had great service amd prompt delivery of what is now one of his most loved pipes .... kinda expensive for us here in nz but for you guys should be a bit better .... in my very limited experiance that would be my recommendation

Posted 1 year ago #
  57. User has not uploaded an avatar

lildutchboy

Login to Send PM

Not to pile on, but I'm having a similarly awful experience with Storient. I ordered the pipe in January and it's nothing like what was pictured. It also had the wrong stem. I emailed him and agreed to send back the pipe and he would get one made and sent to me. I hadn't heard from him for weeks and started emailing him. I finally got a response that he was waiting for it. When i thanked him for the response and asked him to remember the stem request, he responds "wait, what's with the stem?" And i explained it again. He hasn't responded to that from last week yet.

I think i'll wait one more week and call my credit card company.

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. surlysoul

surlysoul

Login to Send PM

I totally agree, but the fact remains is there are new puffers just into the hobby and joining this site every day who are likely not aware of the horror stories regarding such overseas vendors.

I am finding this thread very helpful.

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Brewshooter recommended Baki at the start of this thread. Has anyone ordered from him? I think thats the route I'd like to go. There is 1 pipe there right now that I really like but I dont care much for the stem. So I'll wait. Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago #
  60. jerry

jerry

Login to Send PM

I have five Baki's. Love them. My most smoked pipes. Bought them from Deniz Ural - he's in Florida and a very experienced meerschaum merchant.

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

lildutchboy, you should call your credit card company immediately and do no wait one more day. I do not believe that you will ever get your pipe and your credit card company I am sure has a policy on how many days you can dispute a charge.

This topic needs to stay at the top for as long as possible so that every new member sees it and is not burned by unscrupulous Meer sellers like Storient. I would be willing to bet that Storient comes up with a new name for his company and will not be out of business very long.

Posted 1 year ago #
  62. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

cigrmaster. After reading some of the posts about enough is enough, I thought I probably would not have anything else to say on the matter of my meer order and Storient.

And I don't really, except that PayPal has now told me the best thing to do is take my complaint to the FBI!

Good grief! I think the FBI has more to do than to hunt down a bad pipe maker character. I'm not about to do that.

Isn't it good to know that the big money people really don't give a hoot if you do online business or not. It's their bottom line (I know, big businesses have to watch the bottom line or else they won't become too big to fail).

And before I'm scolded for saying that, just know that that is my opinion. I apologize if I have already said too much for keeping this thread going.

But I just had to let folks know that if you miss the PayPal complaint window (caveat emptor!) then you can always go to the FBI and watch your tax dollars at work!

Posted 1 year ago #
  63. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have five Baki's. Love them. My most smoked pipes. Bought them from Deniz Ural - he's in Florida and a very experienced meerschaum merchant.
    Can you please post the link here Jerry? Thank you.

Posted 1 year ago #
  64. poligerard

poligerard

Login to Send PM

I have storient pipes both from smokingpipes.com and one from directly their website.
    To be honest his pipes smoke like a dream and looks awesome too.I must add engineering is really fine.
    The ones from smokingpipes.com came in 3 days..Spc provides excellent customer service.

The one I bought from storients website ?
    They say they make the pipes that are not in stock im MAXIMUM 30 DAYS.
    It took 2 months.. I really hate when someone promises something and do another thing.
    Being honest is very important .. I see very beautiful pipes on their webpage everyday but...
    no.. not in my book !!

My advice is : Buy from American vendors..After reading all comments above , I would never buy from a turkish seller.

Surprisingly I heard all very good things about Baki meerschaum pipes sold by a turkish guy: Denis from Florida.
    Thats the only other option I could recommend than the American vendors.I own his pipes and I can confidently say that they are both great smokers and very well engineered.

Try buying from royal meerschaum pipes ( American meerschaum importer selling only meerschaum pipes),smokingpipes.com,pipesandcigars.com and many others.Dont have any of their pipes but you can reach them easily since it is an American company.I heard very good things about their pipes too.They sell some master carvers' pipes I strongly recommend these pipes. (look for mesut gezers pipes on their website)

I also believe you can depend on sms pipes .. The guy owning the company is turkish but they are located in usa.
    My sms smokes very good too.Just had a problem with the stem but maybe I am too picky.

Posted 1 year ago #
  65. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

tennsmoker, you have every right to keep this one alive in my opinion. You have done a valuable service to every pipe smoker who was thinking about buying a Storient. You have probably saved someone from ending up in the same position as you are in, so no need to apologize if you ask me.

Paypal is a joke, yeah right call the FBI, like they wouldn't laugh you off the phone. At least we now know that paypal doesn't give a shit about their customers.

Posted 1 year ago #
  66. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Link for baki http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/coverpage.html

Posted 1 year ago #
  67. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Re Altinok, the tracking number they gave me works and shows that delivery will be made in 3 to 7 business days. I will keep all up to date.

Posted 1 year ago #
  68. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

My experience with Storient was very good and I am very happy with the product I received. That said, I was told by Yavuz in a private message that he is considering closing the Storient brand, I don't know if he still plans on keeping it or not, but I haven't spoken to him in some time so let your common sense guide you on whether or not to buy a pipe right now. Anything available from a US retailer will still be good to go, though.

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 1 year ago #
  69. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You have probably saved someone from ending up in the same position as you are in
    I'm one of them. Thank you 10Smoke.

Posted 1 year ago #
  70. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Link for baki http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/coverpage.html
    Wait, is this the link to the guy in FL or directly to Baki in Turkey?

Posted 1 year ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   trailboss